STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Headset for use with FG recommendations

I am looking through the myriad of different types of headsets to use while playing FG. Can anyone make some recommendations? Don't want cheap, but also don't want to take out a loan either.
    Any input would be appreciated. At this point I will just be a player as I'm just getting started. Hope to DM in the future if that makes a difference.
    Thanks

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    My first one of these lasted over 4 years, I just bought a second one, first still works, just ear pads horribly frayed. Don't let the price fool you, I have recommended this to many players, none have reported problems, and the range is about 200 feet.
    https://www.amazon.com/Binatone-TALK.../dp/B00DYSKWEO

Some mentions in a recent discussion here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ment-and-Setup
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Good information... I'll need a new headset by September. Thanks everyone.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I use these.

HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset

They are VERY comfortable and are also "closed back" which means, they have limited background noise. I had issues with most of the other headsets I tried hearing background noise in my room, like a fan or kids watching TV in the background. These cut out a lot of it (not all by any means) but it makes things better.

I'm also not a fan of wireless. Battery issues drive me nuts. Going out in middle of games... quality has never been that great for the ones I tried either (various versions of logitech).

These also let you disconnect the mic and USB connection and plug into your phone (assuming your phone has a headset jack these days, NOT iphone).

I think they have a new version out now.
    Last edited by celestian; June 5th, 2018 at 19:40.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I'll endorse celestian's choice. I use those as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Third celestian's choice. I love those headphones.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I am using Skype for Business certified headsets from Jabra or Planctronics, because they provide great clarity in addition to the most important factor - they are super light. Gaming headsets are either too heavy for prolonged (think several hours) usage and sometimes isolate you too much from the outside world for your own good.

I am currently having Jabra UC Voice 550a and my players are quite happy with the clarity of my voice and lack of noises.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I use the Astro a40. Really love it. I bought it for use with my PS4 for an MMO almost 2 years ago and it's still going strong. Previous headset was a turtle beach stealth 500p. DO NOT RECOMMEND, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Had 3 of those, ALL broke in the exact same way, a crack in the headband in the EXACT same place, within a matter of months. Astro a40 however, FAR more durable, and far better. Sound quality is far and away better. Well worth the price. For a headset that will actually last. lol

EDIT: It was turtle beach, not logitech, where did that come from? Ugh need more coffee lol. Recommend avoiding turtle beach in general at all costs. Cheap crap.
    Last edited by shadelon; June 8th, 2018 at 02:07.

Thread Information