5E Character Create Playlist

NPC Features DMG 282 5e

One thing that annoys me when I purchase a 5e adventure module include adventures released by Smiteworks is that when for example a half -orc or some non - human Scout or guard appears the NPC is always the vanilla human version. This annoys my stats orientated obsessive-compulsive disorder. The DMG provides a handy chart on page 282 which i have attempted to partially make in to an effects module . For each of the races i have created two ( or three for Dwarfs) effects to drop on to the CT. The first effect actually does things usually to reflect the ability modifiers and any other features that can be replicated by effects and the second effects just lists any other features like darkvision etc which are difficult for me to replicate in 5e's efects engine.

there are a few things to watch out for, i couldn't find an effect that adjusts hit points or size and I haven't done all the races on p282 so if NPC Grimlocks appear a lot in your campaign you are on your own. If you use Celestian's advanced effects extension you can add the effects by copy and paste to the NPC sheet change the name of NPC and have a permanent Halfling Spy although if are going to all that trouble you might as well alter it properly.

Any feed back on ways to improve this module are welcome and i hope DM's find it useful
    Attached Files Attached Files

a screen shot of a gnome spy and and halfling scout
    Attached Images Attached Images

A simple and effective way of applying a template to an NPC or even a PC such as making them a Skeleton or Zombie. Could be used to add extra levels and proficiency bonuses....

Very useful.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It