DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: PSI Abilities?

PSI Abilities?

How do you play Psionics in FG? Right now, there is no base characteristic you could enter, so I am unsure how to roll with it (pun intended)

Yes please add Psi as a stat. All the versions of traveler have it, but this doesn't yet and I would be helpful to run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    How do you play Psionics in FG? Right now, there is no base characteristic you could enter, so I am unsure how to roll with it (pun intended)
    Hello,

I started adding PSI to the original release but it caused a number of issues, for example PSI ability is a nice simple stat, but the PSI abilities are in schools, with each ability being part of that school. I did say I'll come back this once I've addressed all the main content, I'm working on Starships at the moment, but that's going to take some time, so could come back to PSI.

Let me re-think it all, cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Even just adding a place holder to put the psi stat would be helpful. You don't need to implement full functionality yet, but I would like to be able to capture the basic skills on the character sheet at least. For example under the main stats you could have Psi for Psi strength. Under skills we could be Awareness or Telempathy which would draw on the Psi stat. The talents underneath each school I would live with later functionality.
    Last edited by Elvedui; September 2nd, 2018 at 13:37.

Quote Originally Posted by watters View Post
    Even just adding a place holder to put the psi stat would be helpful. You don't need to implement full functionality yet, but I would like to be able to capture the basic skills on the character sheet at least. For example under the main stats you could have Psi for Psi strength. Under skills we could be Awareness or Telempathy which would draw on the Psi stat. The talents underneath each school I would live with later functionality.
    I'll dig out the code I wrote for the PSI stuff, that brings it in as a characteristic. So it'll be added to the Characteristic list for assigning to a skill.

I'll sort that this week, so it's part of the next update.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post

I'll sort that this week, so it's part of the next update.

Ya da best!

Awesome thanks

Working on this today....! Sorted my business accounts (needed doing, sooooo boring, but the Tax Man does NOT like not being paid).

I have a fresh cuppa on the boil, a couple of biscuits....

Here we go, added the stat and it will roll, now working on allowing skills to access it.

Pictures are on my Twitter feed....

At the moment, you can add any skill you want, and assign the PSI stat, hope that works for you folks at the moment.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; September 15th, 2018 at 17:27.

First class!

Is it working as in MgT 1e, where the PSI stat gets used up when used until you rest? Or is this something we do by hand?

Thanks again!

Thread Information