DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Idea: Instant Action mod

Hello everyone,

I have had to put a hold on production of my active content due to balance questions and unfortunately my doesn't stop buzzing with ideas, most of which are better left unspoken. I just had this idea of brainstorming a sort of "Instant Action" Dungeon crawl module complete with quick play rules unique to Fantasy Grounds, various "base grid" images and providing pregenerated modular map section in the form of tokens so that the section can be placed and faced wherever necessary without having to change images. A key feature of the module is the concept that a DM is not required to play. Something akin to a virtual table top board game utilizing the 5th edition rule set. I exclusively DM but sometimes my friends want to play a game, at random, on fantasy grounds at the drop of a dime. I mean honestly is this even feasible? I know tokens can be the culprit to many crashed systems.

Blog Entries
    I believe that their are one or two solo play modules on the DMsGuild. Haven't had a chance to look into them though so not sure what to search on etc. I think Rob2e had done one of them on his streams...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Lots of info about playing without a GM here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-play-using-FG

Too many tokens and too large tokens (pixel dimensions) can cause issues with overloading FG's memory. So, if you do decide to go with tokens for layouts, keep the resolution reasonable (50 pixels = 5 ft.) and keep the number of map tokens to a low, reasonable number. Also, you'll need to use the layers extension - be sure to read the gotchas and restrictions in posts #1 and #2 of the extension thread as there are limitations you must be aware of: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-on-CoreRPG%29
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information