DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Need Help On Mac

I'm running Fantasy Grounds on a Mac with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6. And I'm new to the software. I have a standard license. I thought I have the license entered correctly. But in the upper right corner of the launcher beneath the folder icon it reads: v.3.3.5 FREE

I bought the D&D 5E Player's Handbook and the Lost Mine of Phandelver, but I can't even find those two books anywhere when I run the program. And I can't seem to make a character or campaign or anything. This is very frustrating. Please point me in the right direction.

Hi dragonmajesty welcome to the community.

Make triple sure that your license key is entered correctly in the first box in settings (no leading or extra spaces 5 groups of 5 numbers). The second box should be blank. Also ensure that your username and password are correct. If you purchased from Steam then you will need to synchronise your Steam and Smiteworks accounts. Do this via the 'manage' button in settings; again making sure that your license key and your username and password are correct. After you have made sure that your credentials are correct do an update of Fantasy Grounds and if all is well your license should upgrade and your DLC will download.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus, it is good to meet you.

I believe I have the license entered correctly and the software upgraded. It reads v.3.3.5 now and there is a button to upgrade to Ultimate. I do intend to upgrade to Ultimate once I have learned the program sufficiently.

Couple more questions:
    1) How do I bring up the contextual menus on a Macintosh? There is no right click on a Mac. I tried Control click, option click, and command click but can't seem to get it.

2) I'm going to GM. Do I need to click "Create Campaign" and "Start" to begin? What should I do next?

Answer to second question: Yes. Next you should ensure you have your port forwarding and network stuff set up.

I know nothing about mac. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmajesty View Post
    Thank you Zacchaeus, it is good to meet you.

I believe I have the license entered correctly and the software upgraded. It reads v.3.3.5 now and there is a button to upgrade to Ultimate. I do intend to upgrade to Ultimate once I have learned the program sufficiently.

Couple more questions:
    1) How do I bring up the contextual menus on a Macintosh? There is no right click on a Mac. I tried Control click, option click, and command click but can't seem to get it.

2) I'm going to GM. Do I need to click "Create Campaign" and "Start" to begin? What should I do next?
    Hi dragonmajesty I do believe that a mouse with 2 or 3 buttons on a Mac will be interpreted correctly.
    Im sorry I dont have a Mac to confirm with...

MacBook Pro owner here. I've got a 3 buttons mouse plugged in and no problem to use it with FG. If you've got a trackpad did you try to tap with two fingers which is the usual shortcut for contextual menus?

Again, answering the second question; yes that's how you would start a new campaign.

You'll find some helpful advice in the many links in this post and you may want to drop into the FG College on Discord for further help and classes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Loading up the demo campaign is also a good ideas - then step through the story entries to learn more about using FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Two finger click does give me the contextual menus.

OK, I failed the port forwarding test. Is there a thread for setting that up on a Mac? Or anyone who can help?

With my Mac all I had to was do the port forwarding at the router level. You need to reserve an IP address for your Mac and do the port forwarding to that ip. This all has to be done at your router. You need to look at the documents for your router to configure it properly.

Thread Information