STAR TREK 2d20

5E Homebrew Dark Sun -ish campaign

I'm planning to run my own campaign based on Dark sun setting, but since there is not any oficial 5E product (only community made conversions that would not pass copyright law ) I have to do a lot of work by myself.

My problem is - since I want to use Fantasy Grounds I need to manualy put a lot of custom entries (races, monsters, equipment, possibly classes,...).
    That's huge amount of work that will be useful only for me (again - it would be against law to share it, even if it will be only lightly inspired by Dark Sun). And even if I'm willing to make that effort, I don't want to make it blindly without a plan.

Would it be better to make whole modul from a scratch or just build on existing 5E modules and save myself some work?

Downfall of later would be a lot of confusing uncessary entries... But since it would not be used by someone else, it doesn't have to be that polished.
    I would value your opinions before I start. Whichever path I'll take I'd like to avoid as many dead ends as I can.
    CEST / GMT+2
    Ultimate licence – Czech & English speaking (DMing only in Czech)
    D&D 5E / MGT2e / CoC7E / PF2 & willing to try new systems

Blog Entries
    If you are inspired by the Dark Sun setting but do not use text or names from Dark Sun it should be ok.
    Best to make a standalone reference module.

Blog Entries
    See my signature for some module creation advice. I always suggest a desperate development campaign and module, even if you use other sources and they need to be opened along with your module.

And as said, as long as you don't use copyrighted names you can share. Maybe call it something like "Dark Desert" or such.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information