DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Window/Parentcontrol/Subwindow navigation (up/down)

So, I'm trying to navigate from down in a subwindow, up then back down into another to get a value set for a "edit" button.

Code:
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window' | windowinstance = { class = combat_mini_section, node = combattracker.list.id-00002, x,y,w,h = 640,254,389,140 }
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.getName' | s'mini_combat_window'
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.window' | windowinstance = { class = charsheet_combat, node = combattracker.list.id-00002, x,y,w,h = 610,199,469,515 }
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.window.weapons' | subwindow = { x,y,w,h = 15,197,442,308 }
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.window.weapons.subwindow' | nil
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.window.weapons.actions_iedit' | nil
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.window.subwindow' | nil
    Runtime Notice: s'list_abilitynotes' | s'window.parentcontrol.window.abilitynotes_iadd' | buttoncontrol = { x,y,w,h = 414,35,0,0 }
    As you can see "window" is combat_mini_section, the one I want to backup some so I try "window.parentcontrol" which is mini_combat_window which then I get "window.parentcontrol.window" which is at the level I want to be at (charsheet_combat). From that point I can now go back down.

charsheet_combat contains the subwindow "weapons" which you can see returns "subwindow" in the debug output... so I expect window.parentcontrol.window.weapons.subwindow to work... but it doesn't as you can see from the "nil" result.

I need to get the value from *.weapons.subwindow.actions_iedit.getValue().

I did a test to see if I could access another variable within charsheet_combat (abilitynotes_iadd) and I could access that item (last thing listed in debug) so it's within the same scope but I'm stumped why *.weapons.subwindow doesn't work as I'd expect it.

Here is the charsheet_combat clipped section.
    Code:
    	<windowclass name="charsheet_combat">
    		<sheetdata>
          <anchor_title_charsheet name="contentanchor" />

<!-- mini combat window -->
    			<label_charframetop name="minicombattitle">
    				<anchored height="20">
    					<top offset="35" />
    					<left offset="30" />
              <right offset="-50" />
    				</anchored>
    				<icons>char_abilities</icons>
    				<static textres="char_label_combat" />
    			</label_charframetop>
    			<button_iadd_abilitynotes name="abilitynotes_iadd">
            <anchored to="minicombattitle" position="insidetopright" offset="5,0" />
    				<target>abilitynotes</target>
    			</button_iadd_abilitynotes>
    			<subwindow name="mini_combat_window">
            <anchored to="minicombattitle">
    					<top anchor="bottom" />
    					<left />
              <right />
    				</anchored>
            <class>combat_mini_section</class>
    				<activate />
    				<fastinit />
    			</subwindow>
        <!-- END mini combat window -->

<sub_sheet_actions name="weapons">
            <anchored to="contentanchor">
              <top parent="mini_combat_window" anchor="bottom" offset="2" />
              <left />
              <right parent="" offset="-12,0" />
              <bottom parent="" offset="-10" />
            </anchored>
    	<class>charsheet_actions_weapons</class>
          </sub_sheet_actions>
    And here is a clipped section of the charsheet_actions_weapons which contains the button/result I'm looking for.

Code:
    	<windowclass name="charsheet_actions_weapons">
        <margins control="0,0,15,7" />
    		<script>
    			function onDrop(x, y, draginfo)
    				if contents.subwindow.weapons.onDrop(x, y, draginfo) then
    					return true;
    				end
    				return false;
    			end
    		</script>
    		<sheetdata>
    			<button_iedit name="actions_iedit">
    				<anchored position="insidebottomright" offset="10,10" />
    				<tooltip textres="char_tooltip_actionedit" />
    				<script>
    					function onValueChanged()
    						local bEditMode = (getValue() == 1);

window.weapons_iadd.setVisible(bEditMode);
                window.parentcontrol.window.abilitynotes_iadd.setVisible(bEditMode);

if bEditMode then
    							DB.setValue(window.getDatabaseNode(), "powermode", "string", "standard");
    							DB.setValue(window.getDatabaseNode(), "powerdisplaymode", "string", "");
    						end

window.contents.subwindow.weapons.update();
                window.parentcontrol.window.mini_combat_window.subwindow.abilitynotes.update(bEditMode)
    					end
    				</script>
    			</button_iedit>

What I am trying to do is get the "value" of the button to determine if the button is indeed in edit mode is a rather roundabout way but right now that's only I can for now.

I'm going to keep poking at this but I've exhausted my theories on how to get down to the value.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Okay, so ignore me.... it works. Apparently at the point my code was running it didn't exist yet.. /slap.

I ran the button edit toggle and sure enough *.weapons.subwindow.actions_iedit exited.

Sometimes you got to ignore your gut feeling and start all over from scratch.

edit, if anyone cares here is the hoops I did to get to the right values.

Code:
          function update(bEdit)
            if bEdit == nil then 
              if (window.parentcontrol.window.weapons.subwindow and window.parentcontrol.window.weapons.subwindow.actions_iedit) then
                bEdit = (window.parentcontrol.window.weapons.subwindow.actions_iedit.getValue() == 1);
              elseif (window.parentcontrol.window.parentcontrol.window.actions_iedit) then
                bEdit = (window.parentcontrol.window.parentcontrol.window.actions_iedit.getValue() == 1);
              end
            end
            for _,w in ipairs(getWindows()) do
              w.idelete.setVisibility(bEdit);
            end
          end
    It's just checking to see if the items listed should be marked for "edit" mode. I use this code in two places thus the need to check the pathing and see where I am at ... at that moment. (CT versus N/PC sheet).
    Last edited by celestian; May 28th, 2018 at 05:44.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There's the <fastinit/> I think for subwindows. Worth a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    There's the <fastinit/> I think for subwindows. Worth a look at.
    I'll give that a shot tho I've got it working now. I thought I was doing that for the subwindows but it looks like I wasn't for weapons... that might have cleared up my *.weapons.subwindow nil issue from the git-go.
    ---

Thread Information