DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Yea it sure is a lot of work. I have most of the xml functions down pretty well where I don't need too many templates anymore. I really liked the idea of being able to create my Skybound Campaign setting in FG and as a digital book as well. The only way this was going to work was to learn how to create mod files from scratch. Now I am able to make content equaling in function to officially published content. Including the really nice Reference Manual library object. It is time consuming for sure but it's work it. I have my artist now on coming up with some original artwork for all of the books I am writing.

Blog Entries
    It should also be noted that the <subitems> script is only present in the 5E and C&C rulesets, so equipment packs built with that XML won't work (yet!) in the other rulesets. For those, the parcels is still the best option.

I dont think I am fully understanding the mechanics of rhe subset tag. Where in falling short is the link class. When a module is loaded into fantasy grounds... Does fantasy grounds pool all of the assests together behind the scenes? If so then I understand why the items in the subset element only reference each items originating record. If not then I in can see why I still cant get my ninja pack to behave like the officially published equipment packs. If the latter is the case then do I need to recreate these items in my reference element? I hope not. Im not a fan of redundant entries.

Each sub item is just a link to the item. So the XML will be something like as follows

Code:
    <bag>
                <name type="string">Bag</name>
                <count type="number">1</count>
                <link type="windowreference">
                  <class>reference_equipment</class>
                  <recordname>reference.equipmentdata.bag@yourmodulename</recordname>
                </link>
              </bag>
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I know this is an old thread, but I have two questions:
    1. Is editing the XML still the best way to create equipment packs?
    2. Someone above said this code works only in 5e and C&C. Is this still true? I was interested in making equipment packs for Call of Cthulhu, but if this template doesn't work there, I'll just use parcels. I just thought D&D-like equipment packs would be cool.

In the case of 5E, you type 'Equipment Packs' into the subtype field and it will provide you a place to add or drop items into the pack.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Oh, thanks! That's good to know.

Thread Information