STAR TREK 2d20

Assigning an Image to a Group

I seem to be having trouble assigning an picture to a group.

I can get the picture into the correct group by opening it in paint.net, deleting the picture from the images folder (while its still in paint.net) then re-saving the picture to the images folder; ensuring that FG images window is open and on the group I wish to save the picture to.

This has always worked.

But for some reason Ive got this image that saves to the correct group BUT when I re-open FG later its back in the New group again???

Its there a better way of tagging images as a specific group that I don't know about? I'm doing this in an overly complicated way???? It seems like I am.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Blog Entries
    Yes, just open the group list at the top of the list window and drag the handle/icon to the group you want it to belong in.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I copied the picture from the FG images folder to the desktop
    Deleted the picture from the FG images folder
    Selected the correct group on the images windows and dragged the picture across

This worked, it placed the picture in the correct group.
    HOWEVER after closing FG and reopening........ It back in the NEW group again!

It must be a bug. I do have a few images in that group it maybe there's a maximum number of images that can be in a group or something
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Blog Entries
    FG doesn't refresh the list until you close the browser window. Or something like that.

So, copy the picture out, delete the image from the folder, close the browser window, see if the list updates and deleted the image, if not, delete the item from the list.

If that doesn't work, you might have to exit the campaign after deleting the image and re-adding the image.

One of the guru's will be along shortly to give us the exact right steps if those don't work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah this has got me flummoxed. I put a completely different picture into the group, it goes in and STAYS in (after closing and reopening FG)

I tried renaming (in windows) the "problem picture" and re-saving it under a new name. Goes in the group BUT after re-opeing FG BAM back in the new group
    (FG says you'll not trick me like that BWahahahahaha)

This picture point blank refuses to stay in it's assigned group!

I may just have to live with it

So much for my beautiful organised adventure Module..

Close FG and navigate to the campaign folder for your campaign. Delete the folder moduledb. Reopen FG and see if that fixes the issue.

To add an image select the group you want the image to go into then click the folder button and then drag the image and drop it into the window.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nup, goes into group but next time I open FG its back in New. I even tried creating a new group and putting it in there. Same result.

Let's see if any campaign data is saving. Create a story entry with a title and some text, exit FG, then load the same campaign - is the new story entry there? If not, then there is an issue saving the campaign data. If it is, try moving it to a new group - exit and see if it is in the new group?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, but I just figured it out. While I had tried altering the name and re-saving as a new Picture (with no success) I had not tried deleting the entire file name and typing another. This worked. It appears that somehow some sort of invisible control character musta gotten into the file name and it was affecting FG somehow. a CR or LF or something?? Anyways all fixed now. Thx Alll!!

Probably a space on the end of the filename. That has been known to screw images up. Glad you got it sorted.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information