FG Spreadshirt Swag

Updater times out and sundry

Greetings,

I've been using FG without any issues, primarily to connect to a Pathfinder game, since January. The only change I've made to my system physically since the game started was the replacement of a broken headset. As windows has a penchant for installing ninja updates, I've not ruled that out as a cause, but I have no way of checking as this just happened after months of working fine and presumably through windows updates in the interim.

Just this past Thursday, I was unable to connect to my game, my updater consistently and still does timeout, meaning that when I tried the uninstall/reinstall fix, I cannot now reinstall FG at all because I cannot connect to the updater. When I was trying to connect to my host they could see me trying to connect on their end, but the connection would fail after accepting the password and I would ultimately get an error saying "host is using an unauthorized copy". I know for a fact that my gm has an Ultimate version, because I am using FG free and have had no trouble at all connecting and playing for 6 months until this last week.

I've tried installing to a non-default directory, I've port fowarded, port 1820 is open and ready, I've tried flushing the DNS, I've turned off all firewall and anti-virus software incl. malwarebytes and still nothing is working. I've uninstalled just today to find that I cannot now reinstall because as I mentioned, I cannot connect to the update server. I might blame my host if simply updating my client wasn't failing consistently, and I know that his copy is indeed authorized and valid. I'm running out of ideas here. Is there any help for me?

I've also searched these forums and tried most fix ideas I've come across, granted I've not read every single post everywhere, but I think I made a good go of it, so if I missed something I apologize for duplications.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Are you running MalwareBytes?
    Disable and re-test.
    If that works Add an Exclusion for FG.
    Hopefully MWB will sort this out in short order...

Blog Entries
    Note, I'm assuming a typo in your OP, it's port 1802

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You don't need port forwarding to join a GM's game.

Make sure that the network connection in Windows network and sharing center is set to private, not public.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, I transposed the numbers, qpologies.

This did it, not sure why it happened so suddenly but mwb was indeed the culprit, thanks very much, and thanks for all the replies to everyone!

Thread Information