Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

3.5E/PFRPG ruleset applying Flat-Footed to slowed creature

This is an issue in the 3.5E code - described in this post (and the previous post) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post390915
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So they just did an update and it says they fixed this in the update , yet the code is still there and problem remains.

Yep, this is in testing.

Read the info in post #1 (and the mentioned sticky) of the announcement thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v3-3-6
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh , when I started Fantasy Grounds it did an update and then I clicked the "Latest Release Notes" button which I assumed meant the latest released to public version not the test version.

[PFRPG/3.5E] Slowed effect applying flat-footed adjustments. Fixed.

So that is only for the test version then? My bad.
    Last edited by mr900rr; June 14th, 2018 at 02:03.

Also noticed that cold iron damage type on weapons is not overcoming the DR:10 cold iron or good of Demon, Babau. 3.5E rule set no extensions loaded.

Ok did some testing, the pregenerated items from the magic items .mod when put in the character sheet will work against the correct DR types but once an item is on the character sheet even if you edit it , it wont count the new damage type you put in.

So you have to drag the item over to a parcel, edit it then drag it back to the character sheet for it to count the changes to damage type.
    Last edited by mr900rr; June 15th, 2018 at 06:45.

Also if you have a weapon with the "double" property and have two damage types such as "Bludgeoning, magic" also tried "Bludgeoning and magic" it will make 3 entries on action sheet first one is for 2 handed and has only damage type Bludgeoning, second one is first attack of the double attack and only has damage type Bludgeoning then the third is second attack of double attack and only has damage type of magic.

Ok so the problem with the Double weapon having multiple damage types lies in campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua at lines 465, 512 and 569, if I change those to the same as line 468 it works properly. It looks like the program assumes any second damage type on a double weapon means the other side does a different type of damage and so splits it, guess the devs didn't think anyone would have a magic double weapon? They should make it so if the separator between damage types is "and" that it uses both types on both ends and if the separator is "or" it splits the damage types between them. Or do like they do for the damage dice and use "/" as a separator for the damage type between ends.
    Last edited by mr900rr; June 16th, 2018 at 04:45.

Ok, I've been looking at these items:

* I could not recreate the cold iron issue you mentioned.
    ** Added Babau to combat tracker and verified "DR: 10 cold iron or good" effect
    ** Added Rapier +1 to PC sheet and verified that damage type in PC weapon entry was "piercing,magic"
    ** Rolled damage against Babau, and verified that all damage resisted
    ** Edited Rapier +1 weapon entry on PC, and adjusted to "piercing,magic,cold iron"
    ** Rolled damage against Babau, and verified that no damage was resisted

* For the double weapon, I'm going to include some improved damage type determination for double weapons in the beta version in a short while.

Regards,
    JPG

It does it every time for me, 3.5E rule set, no extensions. As soon as I figure out how to do it I will include a video or screenshots, as for the double weapon damage I already made a fix for that and posted it on the forums. I wasn't sure if maybe the changing damage type on weapons on character sheet not working wasn't a intended design to keep players from changing their weapons in the middle of combat.

Thread Information