DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Item Identification Setting

I was excited to test out FG last night with one of my players, especially a feature that I am sure David "The Digital DM" said was part of it. I have turned Item Identification to "ON" and it properly shows the item as just an "Exquisite Greatsword". However, I was led to believe that FG would take into account the bonus (per the DMG rules on this not being an item requiring attunement) when the player swung to hit my Hell Hound test dummy.

I was expecting it to not necessarily show that the player is actually getting a +8 but I expected the code to take it into account and show it hitting when necessary.

Was I mislead and FG doesn't handle that at this time, is there a work around that anyone has come up with?
    Last edited by Slagmoth; May 23rd, 2018 at 18:07.

Apply an effect for "ATK: 8" and make it visible for the GM only.

I don't recall seeing anything allowing me to only apply an effect only visible to the DM and only for a specific weapon. I am still learning the Effects system and its limitations.

Would be lovely if effects were modular.
    Last edited by Slagmoth; May 23rd, 2018 at 18:21.

Blog Entries
    Item ID does not change, or conceal, what shows up in the chat. I think their is an option to turn off chat roll details, so the player only sees the results, but this effects everything.

Effects can not be specific to a weapon. If you look in the CT, you will see a VSBL (?) button that toggles between several options, one being GM,

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I believe that the magic bonus doesn’t get added to the weapon entry until the item is identified. Otherwise, the player would immediately be able to tell by the additional bonus added to their roll what the bonus is.

Until it’s identified, it’s up to the GM to tell the player things like “it looked like you were going to miss, but something guided your hand”, etc.

Also, I usually denote an item that players know as unidentified with asterisks or some other visual cue to remind me.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information