5E Character Create Playlist

scripts/manager_language.lua"]:203: attempt to index field 'language' (a nil value)

I have been modifying a ruleset to my house rules. The console keeps throwing up this error [string "scripts/manager_language.lua"]:203: attempt to index field 'language' (a nil value)
    The language pulldown has disappeared from the main chat area.

As far as I can tell there is no manager_language.lua

So what calls up the language pulldown and where is manager_language.lua

I have searched through all my XML and LUA files trying to locate.

Point in right direction would be greatly appreciated

Naroe

I've moved this thread to the workshop - which is the best place for discussing creating house rules and new rulesets.

scripts/manager_language.lua is in the CoreRPG ruleset. I'm assuming you're layering your ruleset on top of CoreRPG?

The code that raises that error is looking for a FG control in the "chat" window called "language" - the errors suggests that this control is not present in the chat window XML.

Have you been modifying the chat <windowclass> in your ruleset? The base <windowclass name="chat"> definition for this is found in the CoreRPG ruleset, desktop\desktop_classes.xml
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information