DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: 5e Campaign

5e Campaign

Ok so, i started a campaign and it has all the modules that i wan... all things i created... all ready... we played 2 sessions already... thing is... thats all on my desktop... and i want to be able to run the campaign on my notebook too... the same way the campign is on desktop i wanted to have a mirror on laptop... is it possible? What i need to do?

More important... is it against the rules using your license on multiple pcs?

Copy the entire campaign and paste it into the campaigns folder on your laptop. You'll need to copy back to the PC if you want to make changes and thenn copy back to the laptop etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanun View Post
    More important... is it against the rules using your license on multiple pcs?
    You can do this, as long as it is you who is using it in either installation and you don't use both installations of FG at the same time.

As well as what Zacchaeus mentioned - if you're using any community extensions or modules, or tokens, you'll also need to copy these across your two computers.

Don't use any active sync applications (DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) on your FG data, it can cause data corruption. Just manually copy your data from one computer to another, when FG is not running.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Right. But correct me if i am wrong. The extensions and modules im using need to be copied only once right?
    What i need to keep updating is only the campaign file?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanun View Post
    The extensions and modules im using need to be copied only once right? What i need to keep updating is only the campaign file?
    If you extensions and module don't change, then you only need to copy them once.

But, remember, after a FG update to always check your community extensions to make sure they are compatible with a new FG version update. Community extensions are not just copy and forget. Visit the extension forum threads and make sure you're running compatible versions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can do this, as long as it is you who is using it in either installation and you don't use both installations of FG at the same time.

As well as what Zacchaeus mentioned - if you're using any community extensions or modules, or tokens, you'll also need to copy these across your two computers.

Don't use any active sync applications (DropBox, OneDrive, etc.) on your FG data, it can cause data corruption. Just manually copy your data from one computer to another, when FG is not running.
    Installing on an external drive should work too. I have a 1tb external that I store a ton of game information on. Then you don't need to sync over and over, just plug it in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Installing on an external drive should work too. I have a 1tb external that I store a ton of game information on. Then you don't need to sync over and over, just plug it in.
    Make sure it maps as the same drive letter (you can manually assign it a letter in control panel) and make sure that your settings on both computer point your FG Data folder to that location.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Make sure it maps as the same drive letter (you can manually assign it a letter in control panel) and make sure that your settings on both computer point your FG Data folder to that location.
    Right, that is important, good catch!

characters

Wouldn't u have to also export then import the characters, that the players are using with their most recent form?

Thread Information