STAR TREK 2d20

Broken Earth Campaign

I have been itching to run Broken Earth for a while now, and with my current campaign coming close wrapping up, now is the time to start prepping.

So, before i start the extremely long process of converting all the NPCs, (i think there's like 50), locations, events and plot points (there's seriously a lot of content), i was hoping that there was someone out there who has already done this.

If not, some advice on how to do it would be helpful. I already have a hard copy of the book. Would downloading the PDF help? is there a way (without using XML) to transfer that content into a module. at least the setting history and rules ect. I understand any edges, NPCs and gear will have to be done manually. just anything the community can recommend to speed up the process would help.

I already have the SW npc maker and Enhanced Library extensions, though not really sure how to use NPC maker.

Anything will help. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    If you have the PDF, you can copy/paste from that right into FG for both story/background entries and images. The only thing you will likely have to do is a bit of formatting in the entries to get rid of line/column breaks and to bold or italic sections of the text. NPC maker will save you a pile of time - simply copy the stat block, hit the make NPC button on the "Personalities" tab and most of the NPC will be filled in for you.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    A pdf copy will speed things up tremendously since you'll be able to copy and paste much of the data.
    Here's a short video on how to use the NPC maker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxVdvi3t12s
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

That Video was awesome, and the NPC maker is amazeballs! This is actually doable now.
    The only thing im having a problem with now is pasting into FG. I can copy text from a PDF, but how do i paste it into FG? I'd also like to do images. Im sure the answer is simple, just something stupid im missing.

Thanks in advance!

Use cntrl v to paste the text in and then highlight that text and use cntrl j to take out the line breaks.

I would make this a module using the enhanced library extension.

With that, the npc maker and the pdf you can pretty much make any setting you want and once you get the hang of it, it will go pretty quick.

As for the images you would need to extract them fro the pdf and put them in your image folder.
    Just be sure to check the size on them and try and get the file size as small as possible.
    For that I use Gimp and it works fine.

Nice! Works great.

Thank you SO much!

Tatertron, how far along did you get on this? I'm building a Broken Earth campaign right now.

Thread Information