DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderpants View Post
    Sure enough, it appeared in the game extensions when loading a PFRPG campaign. But when the campaign loaded, a Console (GM) - Copy to Clipboard window popped up with the red alert: "Script Error: (string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"):1260: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 594) near '<eof>' "

Not sure where I went wrong. Probably multiple places.
    You didn't go wrong - it looks like this extension is broken from the start - this error appears when loading in a 3.5E campaign without any modifications.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Try the attached - I've fixed the error and tagged it for PFRPG (in addition to 3.5E). I haven't tested the actual functionality/compatibility of the extension.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, it now works per mr900rr's previous instructions.

however, be aware that Options Setting "Add: Auto NPC initiative" set to "Group" causes the entire group of NPCs to lose the flat-footed condition at same time.

For example, Goblin (pyro) #1 #2 #3 from rise of the runelords AP - as soon as the first one's turn came up, flat-footed was removed from all 3 because they had the same initiative.

Changing "Add: Auto NPC initiative" to "On" instead of "Group" mainly fixes this issue, since each has a unique initiative roll. However, if they happen to have the same initiative roll result, the same issue occurs. IE both goblin 1 and goblin 2 had 20 initiative, and lost flat-footed on goblin 1's turn.

Perhaps a moot concern, since allies acting on same initiative are unlikely to be attacked by enemies, thus flat-footed AC would not be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderpants View Post
    Perhaps a moot concern, since allies acting on same initiative are unlikely to be attacked by enemies, thus flat-footed AC would not be a factor.
    Yup.

Thanks for this very useful extension, mr900rr and Trenloe! Just a quick note for other users - you need to reset the Round to 0 in the Combat Tracker in order to make this work when rolling initiative for a second encounter. This happens automatically when taking a rest (from the CT menu), or you can do it manually by typing in the CT Round box.

Hi guys, sorry about absence, there was a fire in my town and then I just got busy with other stuff so I haven't been on FG in a while. Thanks Trenloe for fixing that, it appears I didnt upload the latest version of the file I had where I had added that "end" in there, looks like there has been several updates to FG since I was last on so I will try to get all my extensions caught up. Thanks also Callum and Schneiderpants for letting me know of the issues I appreciate the input and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Thanks for this very useful extension, mr900rr and Trenloe! Just a quick note for other users - you need to reset the Round to 0 in the Combat Tracker in order to make this work when rolling initiative for a second encounter. This happens automatically when taking a rest (from the CT menu), or you can do it manually by typing in the CT Round box.
    Hm, this does somehow not work for me (neither the rest nor the manual reset) It was applied once automatically and since then noone recieves the effect flat-footed anymore when a new encounter starts Does someone know how to trigger that again?

EDIT: Okay, in a test campaign it works completely, also when I restart it. Maybe it is due to some other extension (but I can not remember to have installed any other extension except the message of the day), I try to find the error
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 8th, 2018 at 20:39.

Hi

For completeness for people having the same issue, I found the problem: When I use this extension with the extension about the Strain-Injury variant then it does not work. But I do not really know why because I am sure that it worked before and I did not change anything in these extensions

I wish you a nice day

Best,

Kelrugem

Thread Information