FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Would it be possible... [Extension]

Hi! Me and my players keep forgetting the Flat Footed state in the beginning of the combat.

So, would be possible to make an extension so when I got to initiate combat it gives this effect to all characters in the combat tracker until they take their turn?

Thanks!

Yes, you can hook into the initative roll action for each character/npc and add the flatfoot effect for 1 round. Alternatively you can hook into the 'addNPC' routine in manager_combat2.lua, and add the effect after population, there's something different for charsheets (PCs) IIRC so they're a specific case as they tend to pre-exist.

Then you'd have to remove it when their turn comes, specific for the first round else it'd keep removing the flat foot status every time their turn came up. I think the effect name detection still has the bug where it won't find 'flat-footed' due to the hyphen in the name so you'll have to either fix that in combat manager or work around it.

Source: i've had to heavily modify the 3.5/5e/SW rule-sets for my games.
    Last edited by Ken L; May 17th, 2018 at 11:23.

I'd really like an extension that did this, as we have the same issue in my group!

When I first started using Fantasy Grounds I didn't know how to use the program well and so this was a hassle so I opted not to do it, but after reading your thread I thought I would give it a shot. So you have to enable the extensions functionality in the options menu under combat section that way you can switch it off on the fly. When you drag an NPC onto combat tracker or roll their Init on their sheet or use the menu on the CT it will apply the flat-footed condition to them set to expire when its their turn. For PCs when you roll their Init on the character sheet or use the CT menu it will apply the flat-footed condition to them set to expire on their turn, I haven't yet figured out the dragging of a roll onto the Init box yet but I never do Init that way anyway. So this happens only on rounds 0 or 1 so you will need to reset your round to 0 or 1 before you do the Init rolls for the encounter, the exception is dragging NPCs onto the CT, I'm not sure on the rule for that, I would think if you summoned in a monster on round 3 he should be flat-footed till his turn as he is taking in whats going on around him.

See attachment in post below.
    Last edited by mr900rr; July 22nd, 2018 at 23:28.

Added the ability to check if player has Uncanny Dodge or Improved Uncanny Dodge and does not apply flat-footed to them if they do, still working on checking NPCs for it.

[MODERATOR - the attached extension has an error. See post #12 for a fixed extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post411946 ]

Added new file with the fixed line.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mr900rr; November 28th, 2018 at 07:10.

I'm not sure how to use this. I downloaded the above file and placed in the Extensions folder on my fantasy grounds directory. It is not showing up when I restart fantasy grounds and load a campaign.

I am not sure what mr900rr means by "So you have to enable the extensions functionality in the options menu under combat section that way you can switch it off on the fly." When I go to the options menu in FG, I do not see anything about enabling extensions under the combat section.

EDIT: Realized this extension is only compatible with 3.5E, I am using PFRPG.
    Last edited by Schneiderpants; October 28th, 2018 at 04:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderpants View Post
    EDIT: Realized this extension is only compatible with 3.5E, I am using PFRPG.
    Edit the extension.xml file in the extension to change the ruleset tag from 3.5E to PFRPG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Attempted that - I'm a newb with such things. I unzipped the .ext file into 2 separate files and a Scripts folder - one was the extension.xml file. In that, I replaced all instances of 3.5E to PFRPG. Saved. Used 7-zip to recompress as an .ext file. Put that file in my FG extensions folder.

Sure enough, it appeared in the game extensions when loading a PFRPG campaign. But when the campaign loaded, a Console (GM) - Copy to Clipboard window popped up with the red alert: "Script Error: (string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"):1260: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 594) near '<eof>' "

Not sure where I went wrong. Probably multiple places.

EDIT: Looking in the scripts\manager_combat2.lua i see multiple references to 35E. Perhaps I should replace each with PFRPG?
    Last edited by Schneiderpants; October 28th, 2018 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Schneiderpants View Post
    Attempted that - I'm a newb with such things. I unzipped the .ext file into 2 separate files and a Scripts folder - one was the extension.xml file. In that, I replaced all instances of 3.5E to PFRPG. Saved. Used 7-zip to recompress as an .ext file. Put that file in my FG extensions folder.

Sure enough, it appeared in the game extensions when loading a PFRPG campaign. But when the campaign loaded, a Console (GM) - Copy to Clipboard window popped up with the red alert: "Script Error: (string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"):1260: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 594) near '<eof>' "

Not sure where I went wrong. Probably multiple places.

EDIT: Looking in the scripts\manager_combat2.lua i see multiple references to 35E. Perhaps I should replace each with PFRPG?
    The only thing you need to change is the <ruleset> tag in extension.xml. There should only be one place in that file where you replace 3.5E with PFRPG - nowhere else.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information