FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Only problem is, the Starfinder rule set is in the vault so you cannot unpack it to poke around in it.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    Only problem is, the Starfinder rule set is in the vault so you cannot unpack it to poke around in it.
    True... but tables are a CoreRPG thing.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    True... but tables are a CoreRPG thing.
    Yeah, but we’re not talking about FG rollable tables here. We're talking about displaying campaign data in a table grid format with additional data columns.

@Aquitaine - sometimes when looking from the outside things might seem not too though to implement. There are many things to take into account here: ruleset layering on top of CoreRPG, desktop real estate (many people already complain they don’t have enough space on the desktop - expanding the size of campaign data lists might annoy users), ruleset specific data, etc., etc..

Maybe an additional button at the top of the campaign data list window that opens a bigger window in a more tabular format might be a way to go - so you’re only seeing the additional data if you want to, otherwise keeping the potentially large data list compact.

Anyway, thanks for adding your request to the FG wishlist. The devs can review and make a decision on what they’d like to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Maybe an additional button at the top of the campaign data list window that opens a bigger window in a more tabular format might be a way to go - so you’re only seeing the additional data if you want to, otherwise keeping the potentially large data list compact.
    I hadn't noticed that the main FG dev had already commented on the wishlist entry for this. He's thinking along this line exactly, and has passed on info to the Starfinder dev. For an example of what we're talking about, have a look in the Pathfinder ruleset -> Items campaign data.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The main issue is that the Menu you are bringing up with the Main Starship Items Button is still pulled from CoreRPG, and re-writing the CoreRPG would effect all Rule Sets that use it. So it difficult to to create Cols that would be usefull thru out all rule sets.

This issue is running thru my mind. I am trying to think of a good way to do it.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I don't think it is simple or easy even though it may sound that way. I work with OO development every day and I'm just guessing about how the guts work since I barely understand FG as a user, much less a developer.

But from a birds' eye view, I wonder if 'subtype' is the key -- you have those filters that come up from the Main Menu (as opposed to the reference). What if, when I select a subType, that subType can have its own logic on what to display? It'd be a little more tedious since you'd have to go through every subType and add definitions, but it'd give you granular control over when things pop up since, as you pointed out, you don't necessarily want this behavior for every type of thing; it's only a safe assumption when the type of thing you're looking at has only got a couple properties.

I think if you couldn't do it in a way that dodged having to assume things about all rulesets, it'd be more trouble than its worth ... maybe for a future engine consideration!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquitaine View Post
    I don't think it is simple or easy even though it may sound that way. I work with OO development every day and I'm just guessing about how the guts work since I barely understand FG as a user, much less a developer.

But from a birds' eye view, I wonder if 'subtype' is the key -- you have those filters that come up from the Main Menu (as opposed to the reference). What if, when I select a subType, that subType can have its own logic on what to display? It'd be a little more tedious since you'd have to go through every subType and add definitions, but it'd give you granular control over when things pop up since, as you pointed out, you don't necessarily want this behavior for every type of thing; it's only a safe assumption when the type of thing you're looking at has only got a couple properties.

I think if you couldn't do it in a way that dodged having to assume things about all rulesets, it'd be more trouble than its worth ... maybe for a future engine consideration!
    Well my Idea that is bouncing from brain cell to brain cell is to use the Top Button system as has been mentioned before. But I don want to create a ton of buttons for each type of item. What Im trying to consider is having One button up top that uses the Filter system to crate the Pop up Table, this would allow for Col support for all types

But this is still in the mind concept stage. So I am thinking about it and how I can do it, as this is something I also think should be in the system.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information