FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Evion View Post
    the ability is applied before damage is added...
    Sorry to hurt your head - but is it before damage is added or before damage is rolled. Mechanically there's a difference - the player can decide if they want to use the ability once they know the total damage - i.e not wasting it on 1 or 2 HP, but saving it for a big hit - which you'll only know after damage has been rolled.

If this is the case, FG doesn't really separate the damage roll from the damage application - unless you don't use targeting.

So - like I said earlier, probably best to just do it manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also been discussed a couple of times before: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...urance-ability (there's another link in that thread).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

so the way it works is the monster hits you and you roll damage before taking the damage you roll 1d12+ con modifier and remove some or all the damage taken, so if i was to take 15 points of damage and then i use my ability and roll a total of 10 i would only take 5 since taking damage happens after resistance its great for a barbarian raging, the 15 damage would become 7 and than the 10 i roll would mean i dont take damage that turn, its only once a rest so its not OP, but still good

Quote Originally Posted by Evion View Post
    so the way it works is the monster hits you and you roll damage before taking the damage you roll 1d12+ con modifier and remove some or all the damage taken, so if i was to take 15 points of damage and then i use my ability and roll a total of 10 i would only take 5 since taking damage happens after resistance its great for a barbarian raging, the 15 damage would become 7 and than the 10 i roll would mean i dont take damage that turn, its only once a rest so its not OP, but still good
    OK, so like I said, damage is rolled first and then the owner of the character decides whether to use the ability to reduce damage or not. So, like I said above, this can't really be automated in FG as the damage action will roll for damage and apply it all at once (if there is a target for the damage roll). So, as mentioned, handle it manually - just go through the usual damage action process and then manually retcon the damage applied if the character owner wants to use the ability. Anything else and you'd just be slowing combat down with not using targeting etc..

Thread Information