DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

What is The AD&D Core Rules 2.0, and what is it's relationship to CC3+ ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    What is The AD&D Core Rules 2.0, and what is it's relationship to CC3+ ?
    AD&D CR2.0 was a digital product from TSR/WotC a long time ago (maybe it was included as a CD-ROM in the DMG?). It included a 'lite' version of CC, called Campaign Mapper if I remember correctly and a character generator.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey Jay, I didn’t see a new Newsletter. I DID get one the other day which was sweet 60% off any one annual - I got the latest due to Schley style.

Is there a different newsletter out there? I get them every month (usually 7 off, occasionally something like 12-16 I think.)

I still have that CDROM (and first Core Rules and Dragon Compendium and other stuff that makes me old. Heck the first PC game I bought was Zork I fit my new recently released C64...)

The AD&D Core rules 2.0 was a separate boxed CD product that latter had an expansion.

It had a fully detailed character generator, 2 mapping program (ProFantasy did one which was a lite version of CC2), dice roller, and electronic version of all the 2e AD&D core books (Players, DM, DM, & MM) in several formats including HTML and some of the expansion book. I alsoso could manage encounters and do treasure rolls, etc. The expansion CD for it added even more books converted to it. The Core rules 2.0, Expansion for it, and the FR Atlas also had new CC2 symbols. (They work in CC3 & CC3+).

Wizards was planning to have other books be available for download that you could buy for it. They released the Complete Book of Necromacers for it as a free download at one point

The Forgotten Realm Interactive Atlas worked with it CC2 and CC3. They have a CC3 updated patch on the Profantsy site.

Patch files for all 3 are a major headache to get now along with all the official free stuff since some were on Wizards site, some were on ProFantasy site, and some were on the company that made Core rules CD program. Plus a few fan sites have incorrect info on the patches and install order of them. The Fan sites do have ton of free content for it.

You could add new monsters, magic items, spells, equipment, etc. to it and export those to share with other. So a lot of the fan content is conversions of 1st edition stuff and other 2e stuff.

If your using the 2e AD&D ruleset that Celestian is doing he has a script so you can get all the HTML versions of the rule books from Core rules 2.0 converted over into a Fantasy Grounds modules.

You could do stuff like have an encounter set up and link it to a CC2, CC3,CC3+ map and when you click on the map in the Profantasy site or in the other mapper it will pull up all the encounter data.

Encounters, charters, etc. could be exported in HTM, RTF, PDF format too.

@Varsuuk - The newsletter I got has May 24th date on it and it didn't show up till yesterday in my mailbox for some reason, two days after it was sent.

Wow Jay, you have always been an amazing source of CC3 and old time TSR mappy info! Thanks man.
    (I never did find the T1-4 maps you mentioned to me once, I think I should try looking again - I recall it was during a busy time then I forgot!)

Also, the newsletter - so weird! I got the same dated one but in mine it has no $12 off coupon, instead a 60% off One Cartographer Annual (which was great because THAT's what I wanted to get - to check out the Schley hex mappy thing this summer when have more time with son out of school ) - So it seems their newsletters have varying offers in them... how unexpected.

I think they sent out different newsletters based on how long you've subscribed or what you have.

A lot of my old mappy info comes from digging around and waybacking sites. I'm still trying to get some of the old non-ProFantsy products that was done for CC2/CC3.

May not post for a few days having to have an angiogram tomorrow and I'll be be stuck in bed for 24 hours, if they don't keep me for as stint or if nothing goes wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post
    May not post for a few days having to have an angiogram tomorrow and I'll be be stuck in bed for 24 hours, if they don't keep me for as stint or if nothing goes wrong.
    Good luck.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

May God protect you Jay

Be well my friend

See ya soon!

Thread Information