FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Blog Entries
    Content removed by author...
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 24th, 2018 at 19:07.

Probably their servers getting hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Not yet. I have not run up against a show stopper. Everything is just much more complicated than it needs to be. The whole serial number thing is laughable. First enter an order number to get your serial numbers, then enter your serial number to down load the installer then enter your serial number to install the software.

The payment process through PayPal was comical too. After paying, and returning to ProFantasy… "Okay. So let's create a PF login with your PayPal login." My response: No... I'm already logged in with my PF login. Why would my PayPal and PF logins have to be the same? Do you also think my passwords are the same? That would be convenient wouldn't it?

Come on guys! This should be much more seamless.
    You know... ProFantasy is a small company, just like SmiteWorks. And SmiteWorks has a similar (ish) process to get products - especially those bought on Steam (you need to regularly go through a sync process) and the issues with PayPal subscriptions immediately cancelling even if there is time left on the monthly payment - and SmiteWorks requires the same email address be used for PayPal subscriptions and your FG longs to link the two together. I'm sure ProFantasy (and probably SmiteWorks) would love to have seemless integration with the third party store/payment options they use, but that is either nigh-on impossible or just too much work for the return (and so way down the priority list) or requires them to make compromises (like using the same email address).

If you start off with this negative mindset of purchasing the product, then moving forward every little thing that you don't quite like is going to annoy you. Profantasy is a small company, maybe cut them some slack on the things they don't concentrate all of their time on or have little control over? Move past it and start using the software - just like you obviously have with Fantasy Grounds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Content removed by author...
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 24th, 2018 at 19:07.

Oh yeah I forgot. The download process took hours. Not because of file size but because the process would hang. Just stop. And not resume.
    And it wasn't my internet connection. I thought the same thing, so I went to some other sites, including Fantasy Grounds and downloaded other purchases.
    Yeah, like I said - now every little thing is going to get you publicly expressing your displeasure. Whereas, without your dislike of your previous small company issues experience, you may have stopped for a moment and thought something along the lines of: "Oh, their download server is obviously being hit hard because of the hundreds of people that purchased the bundle of holding deal. A lot of these installation files are pretty big because they contain high-resolution artwork. I'll give it a while and try again later - hopefully the rush will have died down a bit."

I know you're completely entitled to express your opinion. My main concern is that you're now not going to give Campaign Cartographer a fair go and, at some point, hit the point of the "last straw" and decide that you don't want to play with Mickey Mouse and his mapping friends anymore. That would be a shame, as you'll be missing out on a powerful mapping application that has helped a lot of people with little or no artistic talent to produce wonderful maps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA View Post

Install order is:

CC3+
    Latest Update
    Install DD3
    Install other add-ons

Joe Sweeny did a video in which he showed how to install.
    Thanks Jay. Without your help and Mr. Sweeny's video, I'd still be scratching my head as to where DD3 went.

Blog Entries

CC3+ is a cakewalk to use!

Soooo. The big learning curve IS the installation process.. The program itself is really pretty easy to use. I’ve been using various vector based and cad based programs for years. Only real difference is the verb-noun versus noun-verb methodology. They’re bound to be other little idiosyncrasies but they’ll be easy to deal with. Thanks guys for not letting me give up on CC. The effects are completely worth the earlier headaches.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; May 26th, 2018 at 03:13.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it. Both that you are enjoying it and that I'm not the only one that thought all the hype about the steep learning curve didn't hold up

Anyway, effects are cool aren't they? Makes me feel like I'm almost a pro!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Soooo. The big learning curve IS the installation process.. The program itself is really pretty easy to use. I’ve been using various vector based and cad based programs for years. Only real difference is the verb-noun versus noun-verb methodology. They’re bound to be other little idiosyncrasies but they’ll be easy to deal with. Thanks guys for not letting me give up on CC. The effects are completely worth the earlier headaches.
    Great to hear!

@everyone - If your on ProFantasy's mailing list the emailed out a new newsletter with a $12 off anyone product voucher which can be used in new products that hasn't been released yet.

@Minty - Glad you got it installed and like the program.

The newest update by the way is 17a, which just got releases about a day or two ago so I don't know which version of the 17 update you downloaded an older 17 one was out till this week.. The .exe is titled CC3PlusUpdate17a. The install process is one of the biggest things that confuses people. It gets even more complicated when you go to install CC2 (which only work on XP and lower), CC3, The AD&D Core Rules 2.0, FR Atlas in addition to CC3+. As some programs need to be installed before others so things will install fully.

The download troubles you had I've only experienced when they did huge sale, had major updates, or had a new products that everyone was waiting for for months gets released. I ended up having to wait a day to download in my case.

The fan CSUAC files had a similar problem when they were first released and it was severer overload. I had to wait a week to download them after initial release to get all the files.

Hope to see you post some maps soon.

Thread Information