Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    @LordEntrals - That's actually the main reason I bought CC3+ was for the Schley style

As already stated in previous posts watch the videos and you will be surpirsed at how quickly you will become familiar with the program.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    You have all been very helpful, and because many who responded here are knowledgeable about a lot of this stuff and I respect their knowledge I went ahead and and invested including the bonus material. I am not as concerned about the time or learning curve (with the kids and most of the grandkids grown up time is the resource I have in abundance, in that respect getting old is cool), I was more concerned about finding something that offered a bit more versatility for what I wanted to do.
    CAD I have worked with some back in the 90's, but geez, even blue line drafting on vellum, with mechanical pencils, and straight edges, squares, compasses, you know, before computers were common, had one hell of a learning curve. And ongoing learning has been shown to lengthen and improve the quality of life, slowing down the aging process in the brain.
    So thanks, it took me an hour just to figure out how to download it and then another to install it.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the basic collection, but I'm not convinced that really need the bonus collection since I'm more interested in modern and sci fi. I'm thinking I'd be better off with the basic + Cosmographer 3 and maybe the modern symbol pack. I also already have a ton of Dundjinni png files I can use as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the basic collection, but I'm not convinced that really need the bonus collection since I'm more interested in modern and sci fi. I'm thinking I'd be better off with the basic + Cosmographer 3 and maybe the modern symbol pack.
    Yeah, probably.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the basic collection, but I'm not convinced that really need the bonus collection since I'm more interested in modern and sci fi. I'm thinking I'd be better off with the basic + Cosmographer 3 and maybe the modern symbol pack. I also already have a ton of Dundjinni png files I can use as well.
    For sci fi modern the DD3 may be helpful combined with Cosmo depending on what you are mapping, but your going to be better off getting Cosmographer and the SS3 add-on it seems. Also, one of the free downloads on the ProFantasy site is a sampler of various Annuals and has some sci-fi ones symbols for battle maps in it. Plus you can get a ton of free symbols for CC3 in the sticky thrat I mentioned a few posts back.

Note: That some of the Annuals have videos and you can download high resolution of those videos if you look closely on the Annual page for that issue. The sci-fi battlemaps one in the free annual sampler is one of those than the version you'll find on Youtube of them.

Blog Entries
    I mentioned it before, but without a link, if you do buy it, go to this page https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...&page=1#Item_1
    And read through those top resources. Adding them into CC with give you tens of thousands (? I've never counted them!) more symbols.

Also be aware, when you add symbols to CC, through that link or from your own images, CC does NOT copy them into the map file, it references their location on your computer. That means you want to setup your custom symbol directories intelligently, and then never move them. More in the Tome of Ultimate Mapping on it. Read that section before you start doing anything with custom symbols you want to keep.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

the free annuals for CC3+ can be gotten here.

https://secure.profantasy.com/products/subsamples.asp

The December 2009 & July 2012 issues in the Sampler have some videos in a zip files that you can download. So check out the pages for those two issues and be aware that you have multiple zip files for them. The resolution is better than the youtube version that the sampler points you to.

Blog Entries
    So I'm just wondering... I pretty happy with my multi-application kludge of Inkscape, Tiled, Paint.net and Krita (all free applications). But a dedicated cartography program would certainly have its advantages. Being the skeptic that I am, are there rumors in the mill that the next big revision, CC4, is waiting in the wings? And I'm going to jump in both feet just to find the pool is being drained.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Being the skeptic that I am, are there rumors in the mill that the next big revision, CC4, is waiting in the wings? And I'm going to jump in both feet just to find the pool is being drained.
    I haven't heard anything like that. In fact, Profantasy are only just finishing up converting all of their products to CC3+ (from CC3) - there are still a couple to go. And, if there was a new version coming along soon, historically they've been very good at giving reasonable upgrades/early access to new versions.

But... maybe keep an eye on this thread in case they let anything slip: https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...cussionID=8404
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information