STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 16 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Hopefully we can tow it or be towed by it. Or while docked with each other, one ship could drag the other along.

The way I see it, by defeating those hired guns, that starship belongs to the Wookie, Elisara, and myself.

I’m sure it is a fine combat vessel. I’m also sure it could be sold for a fine amount of credits. Either is fine with me.

Or when we get to a star port I could try and add some of the skiprays weaponry to the 23. The we can try and sell the remaining amount.

Just to let you know I'm still set to come tonite (we're on holiday, but kids have to be in bed by 8pm my time so what better to do than RP?). However just pre-warning that I am paranoid of wifi-woes. I'm currently working to idiot proof this before game time, but if I disappear at any point during the game it will be because customer service is a bunch of idiots
    FGC Standard Licence, FGU demo
    Time zone: GMT+0
    Rulesets Played: DND 5e, CoC, D6, D20, limited experience with RM, WHRPG
    Licence holder since 2008, coming back from a few year's break (kids, argh!)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutwo View Post
    Hopefully we can tow it or be towed by it. Or while docked with each other, one ship could drag the other along.

The way I see it, by defeating those hired guns, that starship belongs to the Wookie, Elisara, and myself.

I’m sure it is a fine combat vessel. I’m also sure it could be sold for a fine amount of credits. Either is fine with me.

Well, the way I see it - you're aboard the 23, so - you're going to pay a fee, right?

Hi all, think the TS server for FG is still down (it was yesterday), so using discord.

my channel link here: https://discord.gg/BkbApS
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

Good session yesterday all...even though we had no combat encounters.

I like the discussion regarding the ship(s) ownership - just remember salvage rights doesn't equate to ownership to BOSS (Bureau of Ship Services) - so legal sale of the skipray is out of the question. But by scrapping the skipray & salvaging parts for The Twenty Three is a way around those pesky imperial regulations...although you may have to pay fines / fees for any additions (i.e. shields, weapons or the tractor beam)...

On that note, Max has hit it off pretty good with the Duros station engineer Olev Madak - he has offered to do the repairs on the 23 (extensive repairs required - approx 15-20,000 credits worth needed) using parts from the Rodian's skipray for a fraction of the cost (only 500 credits to cover fuel & other consumables). Max has negotiated the salvage rights to Madak for the skipray in kind, minus 2 components that will be installed on the 23. So Rennek, seeing the 23 is your ship (at least at the moment lol), you can decide which 2 components you would like installed from the following:

* Improved Sensors: Passive: 35/1D Scan: 60/1D+2 Search: 100/2D Focus: 3/2D+2
    * Shield Generators: 2D
    * Hull Upgrade: +1D
    * Engine Upgrade/Replacement: Space 8 (note this would be an extensive upgrade & will add 1 week to repair time)
    * Tractor Beam: Fire Control: 4D Space range: 1-3/8/12 Damage: 4D (note reduction of the damage by 2D because the 23's power plant not as big as the skipray's)
    * Medium Ion Cannon: Fire Control: 3D Space Range: 1-3/12/25 Damage: 4D (note this is capital scale on the skipray but will only be starfighter scale on the 23 due to power plant restrictions)
    * Proton Torpedo Launcher: Fire Control: 2D Space Range: 1/3/7 Damage: 9D (note only 1 torpedo left in the skipray)
    * 2 Laser Cannons (fire-linked) Turret: Fire Control: 1D Space Range: 1-3/12/25 Damage: 5D

So at this stage there will be some down time between last session & the next one (note I am unavailable next week due to a gig sorry guys). At this stage 4 days will have passed as repairs of the 23 are underway - you are able to spend the time onboard Darknon Station.

There are approximately another 20-30 people in total on the old, run down station other than yourselves & the refugees you brought with you. A majority of these are squatters that have taken up residence in the hostel over time, plus a few other spacers on short stop overs. Already a few of the refugees from the Last Chance have negotiated passage with a the other spacers, and the others have moved into the station's hostel & making the rooms their own. Sergeant Nethius (the solitary customs agent) is still his jovial self, you have encountered him a couple more times as he chit-chats with the refugees & other station layabouts/visitors.

So you all can have a think on how you would like to spend the downtime, Max is most likely working on the 23 with the Duros engineer, I gather Rennek is probably doing the same. The station is not all that big, so you could do some exploring if you like too - if that's the case let me know & I will paraphrase your findings in another post. If there is anything else your characters would like to try to do let me know also, and i will see what I can work out.
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

I can tell you, for sure, that it is non-negotiable for Rennek to negotiate the ownership of the 23. He'd rather work for the 20,000 credits himself rather than offer any ownership portions of his ship, especially to complete strangers.

Rennek didn't ask for anyone's money/items when he allowed everybody onto his ship to escape, free of cost (including Rennek getting shot and wounded along the way).

EDIT: If you still want me to choose the two, Speed is a for certain - and I am thinking Shield Generators - though I am unfamiliar with space combat and how effective 2D shields would be.

Would the weapons be in addition to the turret we have?
    Last edited by jasonthelamb; June 18th, 2018 at 04:09.

As "Growl" noted to the others... Captain Rennek did rescue us from the Imperials by letting us escape on his ship rather than saving his own skin. And that escape led to the damage to the ship.

The refugees he saved depleted his supplies as well. Meaning he had less supplies for himself and Max as they worked on getting the ship functional. Given he owed us nothing he could have opened the cargo hatch and spaced us all.

I don't see how we have a logical claim on the Skipray Blastboat or can use it to bargain for part ownership of his ship. If anything we owe him for our survival. I'm sure he could easily demand some reward.

Growl's loyalty is gonna be with Rennek... not only due to the rescue but the earlier rescue involving the 4 Trandoshans. Especially given our Bounty Hunter friend has an Imperial Peacekeeper License.

Given the fact he's hiding his Jedi status and likely worth a lot of credits to the Empire he's not going to trust the Bounty Hunter. Especially if he sees the Trandoshan Wookie Hide necklace that he purchased.

Max is just happy wrenching. He will make a recommendation to Rennek that shields would be nice...and the turret or the medium ion cannon ( I am pretty sure ion cannons effect capital ships not sure if they affect smaller ships). If they could have added a third choice he would said the tractor beam.
    Last edited by JTB; June 18th, 2018 at 04:37.

I was thinking Speed and Shields, though I, Jason, am unfamiliar with how SW WEG works, and what would be the best.

Thread Information