STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 16 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutwo View Post
    Colph is pretty good at nicely helping people see the reason in things, but Elisara is even better at convincing people I think.

My suggestion is to find out as much information as we can from the captured bounty hunters as quickly as we can.

My recommendation is to isolate the three human Guild hunters from the only Rodian bounty hunter that didn’t die.

If Elisara and I do some “good cop bad cop” we could probably find out what there is to know quickly enough.
    I like this and Elisara would definitely be up for it!!
    FGC Standard Licence, FGU demo
    Time zone: GMT+0
    Rulesets Played: DND 5e, CoC, D6, D20, limited experience with RM, WHRPG
    Licence holder since 2008, coming back from a few year's break (kids, argh!)

I had something come up at the last minute. I will not be able to join possibly at all. Sorry for the last minute message.

Another fun game yesterday. Can’t wait to see what we learn from the research station.

Sorry I missed it. I had an insurance adjuster make an appointment at the last minute, to look at some water damage we had in our basement from a couple weeks ago. It took almost an hour and half before she left.

All good buddy...the party interrogated one of the bounty hunters, then proceeded to break into the station control centre at the behest of the rebel agent (stunning the controller into a deep coma lol) & using the station's sensors to search the nebula for Imperial activity. They found some sore of structure in the nebula, able to narrow down its coordinates but the nebula gasses didn't allow a precise search.

The party then proceeded to investigate the secret hangar you had heard about, finding a bulk cruiser docked there & a bunch of stormtroopers & an officer talking with the station security agent (Sgt Nethius, or Clark Gable as the party has been calling him lol). After some discussion about the perceived difficulty of docking with an imperial facility hidden in a volatile nebula, the party decided to hide in some crates so they could sneak onboard the bulk freighter.

After an hour or so the freighter has docked with the research station inside the nebula, you have all sneaked out of the docking area & are now hiding in a stairwell, planning your next move as you look to investigate what the empire is up to here...
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

Also I traded a tiny blaster for a poncho, so it was a pretty good day.

After stowing away in some crates containing empty gas canisters, we were delivered to a secret facility of some sort, hidden in the nebula. On leaving our hiding places, we found ourselves in a storage room on the "lowest" level of the facility. We confirmed that the imperials were indeed filling the canisters and shipping them off the station, but are still unsure of what they're being filled with. Based on earlier recollection from Growl about this nebula, we suspect that at least one of the products may be tibanna gas. With our sneaky rebel friend Gregior's help, we are able to move out of storage without being seen, and ascend one level where we found a corridor of laboratories with a few scientists milling about. The stairwell ascends further to at least one other level. We decided that the humans of our party might be able to move about with a bit more freedom if we could find some of the white laboratory coveralls to disguise ourselves with. We were left hiding in the stairwell for the time being.

We need to think ahead to a few other things: Depending on what we find out they are doing here, will we simply escape to inform Gregior's superiors? Or are we going to perform some sort of act of sabotage (we may have quite a bit of explosive material to work with, lol)?

Also regarding escape: It sounds as if we may be able to escape via the same route we came in (on the freighter) but that our window is closing - the officer was saying that they only had one final shipment to make, so the ship will not be visiting with regularity any longer. Do we want to use an escape pod(s) or risk stealing a ship? I'd be hesitant to call in Rennik and the Twenty Three as I would assume this outpost likely has more than just a concealing nebula to keep unwanted folk away from it. They would be flying into an unknown shitstorm to pick us up.

I know that we have some discoveries to make before we can decide a course of action, and that some of what happens will be down to Gregior and the Resistance's goals...but doesn't hurt to sketch out a Plan A and B and then improvise X, Y and Z later if need be!

Also congrats to Growl on using his quote Way to get it in there!
    FGC Standard Licence, FGU demo
    Time zone: GMT+0
    Rulesets Played: DND 5e, CoC, D6, D20, limited experience with RM, WHRPG
    Licence holder since 2008, coming back from a few year's break (kids, argh!)

Tibanna gas is definitely explosive. At the research station I doubt they are just harvesting the gas and then shipping it out.

They appear to be working with the gas and the end result that is being shipped out may not be normal tibanna gas.

Since it seems the Imps only plan on doing one more shipment, we may be too late to stop whatever they are doing here and sabotaging the very last shipment may not make any difference to their plans.

As far as I know, Gregior’s plan was to find out if the research station exists, if it does then find it, then if found shut it down. We’ve done two of those things and once the last shipment leaves the Imps may shut the station down themselves.

I suppose there is always the possibility that the Imp logistics team meant this is the last shipment for THEM, then they will rotate out and a new logistical team will rotate in to keep the gas flowing.

I guess overall we just need to get as much additional information as we can. If this is a station the Imps plan on abandoning soon, quietly waiting for the Imps to leave and then taking the station for the Rebellion to replicate the Empire’s research may be nice.

If the Imps plan on continuing to use the station then stealing their research and destroying the station would be cool.

I’m not sure what our options are for getting off the station though, and fighting through a platoon of Stormtroopers doesn’t seem like a good idea. Plus we don’t know what security forces if any are based in the station or if they have any patrol ships outside the station.
    Last edited by Plutwo; July 10th, 2018 at 16:12. Reason: English is hard.

If our characters were in a Star Wars novel or movie, we’d be able to come up with, or stumble upon, a way to tamper with the Tibanna gas that goes out in the last shipment. Contaminating it in some way so that when it is used in hyperdrives or weapons or whatever by the Empire, something we added to the mixture causes a chain reaction that results in a heck of an explosion.
    Last edited by Plutwo; July 11th, 2018 at 21:25. Reason: Added a word.

but you are in the movies buddy...Shards of Destiny!
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

Thread Information