5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

LFP - Shards of Destiny - WEG D6 Star Wars Home Campaign

Hi all,
    I have been feeling a little nostalgic of late. I have been going through some of my old campaign notes from years back & came across one of my old Star Wars D6 campaigns. As I smiled & remembered those good old days it got me to thinking…why not revisit one of my favourite systems & settings once again…

So I hereby introduce… SHARDS OF DESTINY, a d6 Star Wars RPG (by West End Games) home campaign set during the height of the Empire and the rise of the Rebellion. This campaign takes place during the Rebellion era, when the tyranny of the Empire is at its height & the 1st Death Star is about to be unleashed on the galaxy.

When times are this tough there is a need for heroes to step up... but are there any heroes left in the galaxy?

I am seeking 3-6 players for my Star Wars opus at this stage. I am Australian (GMT +10), but a full-time musician so I am fairly flexible when it comes to session times, but we will all have to be able to commit to a weekly or bi-weekly schedule that works for everyone, so please post your availability & once we have an approximate consensus on timing I will set up a calendar for the game so we all know when the sessions will occur.

Firstly, let me welcome all potential players to my new campaign - I hope you find it enjoyable. Remember it is your role as well as mine to have fun, so don’t forget to drag out all those cheesy Star Wars quotes and let your imaginations run wild with all that is good in Mr Lucas' grand creation. It is my goal to make this campaign as cinematic, colourful and encompass a grand scope - giving you all the chance to forge a name for your PC, written in the stars, so to speak.

A bit of background on me (your GM) - I have previously run WEG (d6) Star Wars for over 15 years, as well as D&D / Pathfinder for even longer. Some of you may already know me well from FG Con & Pathfinder Society games on FG, while others are yet to experience my evilness in person (forgive the DM’s joke).

While it has been over 10 years since I last ran the d6 SW system, I am still familiar with the rules somewhat & what I forget I will just make up on the spot anyway if needed. There will be a few home rules chucked in of course - rules that I hope will smooth gameplay & create a more cinematic campaign, but I will stay as close to the rules that we all know & love as much as possible.

I have found a D6 Star Wars ruleset on the boards here for FG, but it is by no means complete, so we may end up with some issues along the way. But the wild-die mechanic has been set up & the character sheets seem to work, so I am hopeful that the ruleset will allow us to play without too much trouble.

For those of you unfamiliar with the WEG D6 Star Wars system (what rock have you been hiding under?) you can find the rulebooks online – note as WEG went bust years ago there are no copyright issues I am aware of & the pdf’s are available on the web for free now anyway. However please be careful not to read through too many of the adventures & sourcebooks you find online, I will be using some of the published adventures for this campaign and drawing ideas from some of the sourcebooks as well, so you don’t want to spoil the story for yourselves do you?

Now for the important crunch…

As this campaign is set during the rebellion era, there will be a limitation on the number of jedi characters allowed at the beginning of this campaign. The Empire has effectively purged their religion from the galaxy, taking great pains to try to wipe or smear the history of the Jedi to the point that they are almost forgotten or to blame for most of the evils in the galaxy. So this will not be a campaign for an entire party of Jedi who managed to avoid the purge for the last 17 years or so…

Now in saying the above, I realize that almost everyone wants to play a Jedi at some stage, so I do have a mechanic in mind where some characters can become jedi as the story & campaign develops. Your character will need to be force sensitive of course, and you will need to let me know that you are looking for your character to head in this direction so I can set my plans into motion…

But if you wish to begin play as a jedi, I will only allow the following templates to be chosen from (all from the core rulebook – note the young jedi template will be banned at character creation):

• Alien Student of the Force
    • Failed Jedi
    • Minor Jedi
    • Quixotlo Jedi

Note this will be a Light Side campaign – Dark Side characters will not be allowed, and any PC that falls to the dark side will be removed from the campaign or become an NPC for me to use. Your character may accrue dark side points along the way (and I will certainly be tempting force sensitive characters with its lure & power), but your character will need to yearn towards the light – if a PC falls to the dark side he will be an NPC from then on & unplayable, but we may visit that NPC later on in the campaign as redemption and a return to the light are always possible…

As for character creation in general, I will allow character templates to be chosen from almost any of the dozens of WEG sourcebooks available (depending on suitability to the timeline of course), and I also allow the customization of templates to tweak them to fit your ideal character idea. You are welcome to play an droid or alien race, common or obscure, but remember that the Empire has a xenophobic outlook towards non-humans & stories abound of increasing incidents involving Imperial crackdowns on non-humans. So it is probably a good idea that at least a couple of you play a human character, but it is by no means mandatory.

Once you have chosen your template (or your created/tweaked one), you normally get 7D to add to skills – for the start of this campaign I will expand this by another 5D to reflect some more ‘worldly’ experience for your characters (for a total of 12D), but the limit of adding only 2D to any one skill will apply as it specifies in the character creation rules. Finally, you will also have to decide if you character is force sensitive or not – only force sensitive PCs can learn force skills, but then they have to be wary of the dark side & its lure…

If you don’t know much about the WEG system or how to create a D6 character don’t worry too much – post your Star Wars PC idea, and we can work out the mechanics from there – but it is pretty easy to create a PC in this system anyway…

So please reply in this thread if you are interested in playing – don’t forget to include available times and your +/- GMT so we can work out a consensus for playing times.

Once we have some interested people I will expand on the campaign background and the beginning adventure – your characters don’t need to know each other to begin with, but you will have to have a reason for traveling on the passenger liner “Last Chance”, which is currently headed for the outer rim to escape the horrors of the evil Galactic Empire…

Cheers,
    Andrew Cowan
    AKA Lord (Darth) Kavos
    Your friendly (or not so) Star Wars GM.
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

Blank Character sheet attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License

I would like to join your group if possible. I have am in two D&D groups, one Tuesday night and one Wednesday night. I live in the central time zone in the US (-5 GMT). I have a pdf of the basic ruleset, but have never played. I am looking at either the tongue tied engineer (I would play as a streetwise engineer) or a pirate (former). Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by JTB; May 14th, 2018 at 05:10.

Im intrested in joining haven't really had a chance to play star wars game yet. Im in Australia so +9:30, and depending when you plan to begin the game free mostly on the weekends.

Hey there! Interested in playing - I am EDT (UTC -4), I can play 6PM-onwards Wednesday or Thursday - or some weird times during the weekend. Being on opposite sides of the world makes things rough, I know.

As for a character concept, I'd like to play some sort of hot-shot ace character, good at flying - maybe modeled a bit after Han Solo himself... fast talking whatnot. I've never played WEG, but I am a huge star wars fan.

Evenings on the weekend I would have to leave free for gigs, but mornings my time would be evenings for our -1/-5 UTC players.

So would a weekend morning work for you markjohn?
    Ultimate License

Yes that would work for me.

OK I have set up a calendar entry for the campaign...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3081

You will note I have added some sample times/dates for this coming weekend - please vote yes / no on each one so we can work out a consensus time for the game sessions.

Don't worry if you are unavailable this particular weekend - please still vote for the session time that works for you on a weekly (or bi-weekly basis), we can always postpone the starting session if needed or use it to build characters for those who can make it.

Markjohn, are you only available on the weekend mornings (Oz time) or are any week days an option for you?

The other alternative is to try a week night Australian time, but that may be difficult for our overseas players. We can just keep putting up timeslots & see if we can get a consensus I suppose, but lets see if any of the initial ones I have created will work for the group as a whole first...
    Ultimate License

Anytime after 5pm during the week at this moment is fine for me.

JTB & Jason, I have invited you guys to the calendar if you would like to select the game times
    Ultimate License

Thread Information