FG Spreadshirt Swag

Importing character

Hi all,

I had a quick question. I have created a campaign now, and I would like to import a character of mine into it. Anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks for your help.

Good Day Haggar
    If you are importing from your Manage Character on the main page you need to open the Characters window in the campaign. Then just press the button on the bottom and then press the blue button to import your character.

And in case nobody else has said it yet, Welcome!

Thanks Bonkon. I tried that but none of my characters show up when I do that strangely enough. That did work for other campaigns I've played in but this one which I created it doesn't seem to work.

If this was a character that you played with in another campaign you'll first need to go into Manage Characters, selecting the campaign that you played the character in. You should then export the character from that campaign to somewhere. Now close that up and open up the campaign you want to import the character into. Click the PCs button and then the blue import button. Navigate to where you saved the character and select it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    I had a quick question. I have created a campaign now, and I would like to import a character of mine into it. Anyone know how I can do this?
    Some questions:
    1) Which RPG ruleset are you using?
    2) Where have you created the characters? In FG "Manage Characters"? In another FG campaign? External to FG?

Let us know this information and we'll be able to help you more efficiently. Thanks.

If you created your character in Manage Characters, then you need to connect a PC instance of FG to your GM instance to be able to import into one of your own campaigns. Start up a second instance of FG and "Join Game" with a servername of localhost - this will allow you to see your PCs in the local "Manage Characters" data store and you can select them to import them into your campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you! sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation and have returned. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly! Thanks everyone for your replies

Thread Information