5E Character Create Playlist

new to dnd looking for someone to show me the ropes

I can play tues/fridays and some saturdays/sundays UTC -8 PST. 6pm tuesdays 730pm fridays after 6pm on weekends for about 2-3 hours each session.
    I've always been interested in trying out dnd but never really had a way to do it until i found out about this site and roll 20, i purchased the standard pack so i think I'm good? There's a lot of things to purchase for this game and I'm not even sure what i need. A little guidance would help me to get the ball rolling and enjoy, from what I've heard, to be a great game to play.

Mind you I'm a complete nub when it comes to this, all I know is what I've seen and read from sites and stories about epic dnd campaigns.

Blog Entries
    If you find a GM that has the Ultimate license you would not really need anything but the Demo version to get involved, otherwise you would need a Standard license.

For people just getting started, I would recommend
    Fantasy Grounds College
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information