DICE PACKS BUNDLE

need assistance with IF and IFT effect lines

ok please help.

need to make an effect for +1 to acrobatics, climb and escape artist if the target is larger than my character.

character is halfling

this is what i came up with.
    Underfoot Agility; skill: +1 morale, Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist; IF: SIZE < M

does that look correct?

my second question is dibilitating injury. the target takes a -2 ac and a further -2 ac to myself how would i make an effect that reconises me?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbedrabit View Post
    ok please help.

need to make an effect for +1 to acrobatics, climb and escape artist if the target is larger than my character.

character is halfling

this is what i came up with.
    Underfoot Agility; skill: +1 morale, Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist; IF: SIZE < M

does that look correct?
    The issue here is that Skill is not an effect that can be targeted. See the table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers SKILL doesn't have a (T) in the note section - because you don't really target a skill check on someone. You roll against an assigned DC.

This will have to be handled as a manual addition of the effect - i.e. check with the GM if the creature is larger than you and apply the effect before rolling.

my second question is dibilitating injury. the target takes a -2 ac and a further -2 ac to myself how would i make an effect that reconises me?
    You'd need to add a custom effect/condition (really a label) to you, for example: MyCharacter (but call it your PC name), and then add this to the target: AC: -2; IFT: custom (MyCharacter); AC: -2 Set the relevant duration before adding to the target.

The first AC: -2 is for all attacks and the second AC: -2 is only applied if the character attacking has the custom label MyCharacter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The issue here is that Skill is not an effect that can be targeted. See the table here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers SKILL doesn't have a (T) in the note section - because you don't really target a skill check on someone. You roll against an assigned DC.

This will have to be handled as a manual addition of the effect - i.e. check with the GM if the creature is larger than you and apply the effect before rolling.

You'd need to add a custom effect/condition (really a label) to you, for example: MyCharacter (but call it your PC name), and then add this to the target: AC: -2; IFT: custom (MyCharacter); AC: -2 Set the relevant duration before adding to the target.

The first AC: -2 is for all attacks and the second AC: -2 is only applied if the character attacking has the custom label MyCharacter.
    thanks trenloe for the help.

but in the table here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects it has SKILL as a targetable effect

SKILL (D) [bonus], [skill], [ability] skill checks.

did i read that wrong or would i need to do
    IFT: >S: accrobatics: +1 morale: climb: +1 morale: escape artist: +1 morale

but in the table here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects it has SKILL as a targetable effect

SKILL (D) [bonus], [skill], [ability] skill checks.
    That doesn't say that the effect can be targeted.

As I said in my post: "SKILL doesn't have a (T) in the note section"

See the key under the table: (T) = Effects can be targeted to only apply to modifiers against certain opponents

So, skill effects can't be targeted and so can't use the conditional modifiers.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That doesn't say that the effect can be targeted.

As I said in my post: "SKILL doesn't have a (T) in the note section"

See the key under the table: (T) = Effects can be targeted to only apply to modifiers against certain opponents

So, skill effects can't be targeted and so can't use the conditional modifiers.
    ok got it thanks.

one more question.
    how do i make a custom effect/condition that makes my character name the designator i dont see how to do that in the wiki.

ok got it thanks.

one more question.
    how do i make a custom effect/condition that makes my character name the designator i dont see how to do that in the wiki.
    Just type in the effect as Gandalf if your PC is called Gandalf.

Then use IFT: CUSTOM(Gandalf); ... to check for it.

Just type in the effect as Gandalf if your PC is called Gandalf.

Then use IFT: CUSTOM(Gandalf); ... to check for it.
    well that was way to simple lol thanks would never of thought of using that

Thread Information