Starfinder Playlist

Rollover Names for Tokens

Hey folks! Hope everyone is good. had a quick question.

I am planning a hexcrawl exploration type adventure. I plan to have a large overland map with pins noting site locations for my visibility (DM). When the adventurers find a location, I planned to drop a token on the location. I was hoping that the players could place their mouse over the token and the name associated with the token would be shown. But in my quick experiments, nothing is shown when I place my mouse on the token.

Am I doing something wrong here? Should I try to do this a different way?

Thanks so much for your help.

Use shared pins. Drop a story entry with the name onto the location. Put GM only info into another story entry that is linked to that one. When the players get there, share the pin with them, which will also share the initial story entry. You can add notes later on for the players to see when they click the pin.

Or, you can use the excellent "DOE: Location" extension and drop links to location records, which you can then share with players as they encounter them. The location extension allows you to make some info available to players while making the other info GM only.

Oh. That's super-awesome. Thanks so much. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluepaw View Post
    But in my quick experiments, nothing is shown when I place my mouse on the token.
    If a token is added directly to the map it won't have any roll over text.

To add some - type the text in chat and then drag/drop the text from chat to the token.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information