DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Shadowrun 5e / Mythras

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking at both Fantasy Grounds and 'the other virtual platform' to use with my games while streaming on Twitch.

I play Mythras, Shadowrun 5e, Starfinder and hopefully mutants and masterminds soon. I can see that Fantasy Ground supports the last to games, but I was wondering if anyone has used it for Mythras (Runequest) and SR 5e and if it works well.

Thanks for any information/advice anyone can give...

inwils

Well, since i never played the 4th edition of Shadowrun i don't know how simmilar, or diffrent they are, but I think the dice mechanic is fairly diffrent so you should be able to use the Shadowrun 4e ruleset.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Ianmward is working on a 5e ruleset now

Blog Entries
    What are the primary rolls for Mythras?
    MoreCore has a dice pool builder you can drag dice into it to build a pool.
    You can also save the components of your pool as rolls to build the pool quickly.

The existing FG Shadowrun ruleset is 4e. There are no short term plans to do 5e at this time.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums inwils

Be aware that games that don't have specific rulesets for them can still be run on FG. You can use the generic CoreRPG ruleset that comes with FG or you can use the community ruleset MoreCore (which is more functional than CoreRPG). Both allow you to make character sheets with custom fields and roll dice etc. Neither will have the automation that you might see on videos for 5E etc, but they still do a great job.

Right now I'm playing a Star Frontiers game using the DORCore generic ruleset (which is in beta) and have used CoreRPG and it works just fine.

Also, don't worry, here on the FG forums you can say Roll20. We don't get upset and won't ban you either

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

cant download the latest MoreCore,..404 file not found

Quote Originally Posted by antaskidayo View Post
    cant download the latest MoreCore,..404 file not found
    Download MoreCore from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Wish you guys have ties with catalyst so i can finally buy a shadowrun bundle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by antaskidayo View Post
    Wish you guys have ties with catalyst so i can finally buy a shadowrun bundle
    My experience is that SmiteWorks is always willing to work out licensing agreements with gaming companies. In general, the two reasons their isn't anything is;
    1) the other company can't or doesn't want to license to FG
    2) there is no community developer willing to convert the content and/or make the ruleset.

You can always let Catalyst know you would love to buy more of their stuff if it was available on FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information