FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Icon replacement issue

I've never been a big fan of the question mark icon that shows up in the chat window on tower rolls and other GM-only rolls. While working on a custom theme, I decided to change it and haven't had any success.

Searching the rulesets, I found: <icon name="question" file="graphics/icons/question.png" />

I have tried swapping the image out using the same file name, changing the file= variable, and turning off all extensions. It still uses the ? icon. All of my other icon replacements are working.

To debug, I created a new extension to swap out two icons. The question mark, and the faction icon on the combat tracker. Changing an CT item from friendly to faction will display a "X" icon now.

I'm attaching the extension so you can see the code and test. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there,

Could you share the final result of this extension? This question mark is confusing the hell out of me!

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Welcome Erfeya open up that extension file (use 7zip) and experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Erfeyah View Post
    Hi there,

Could you share the final result of this extension? This question mark is confusing the hell out of me!

Thanks!
    Hi Erfeyah welcome to FG

The question mark is important since it tells the GM that they have GM roll set to off. That means the players don't see the rolls that the GM makes for attacks, damage etc. If you have the GM rolls option set to on then there will be no question mark but the players will then see all of the dice that the GM rolls. So there is an option to not see the question mark but at the expense of giving away all your secrets
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for your answer Zacchaeus. I am only looking to replace the icon. I do want to know when my rolls are hidden!

I got it working!

Just for reference, here is the completed extension.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information