STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Eberron

Al Qadim, but I don't play 5e. That was a very nice setting, though.

I have been expecting that ever since Rob Aducci moved from AL to another project, that he was converting DarkSun to 5e.

Blog Entries
    I really like what they did with Tomb of Annihilation, taking us away from the Sword Coast to a jungle island adventure. The setting was original but not unfamiliar (Isle of Dread, Dwellers of the Forbidden City). We haven't been to the desert much outside the world of Darksun, but I feel like a Darksun update would be more of a supplement than an adventure.

A city-based adventure would be interesting. A crowded city could be full of interesting NPCs and locations. If anyone watches Dice, Camera, Action!, the party has been back on the streets of Chult for the last few episodes. Perhaps a hint of things to come, although not in that particular city. How about City of Brass, with a little Nine Hells mixed in - efreet, devils, etc.! That would probably have to be higher level, but if they have two releases planned in a short time, maybe one will be just that.

If they are going to stay in the Forgotten Realms, and I suspect they are, it would be nice if they moved east towards Rashemen, Vaasa, Damara, and the like. Or Thay. Going deep into the heart of Thay to challenge the zulkirs would be interesting. Personally, I'm holding out hope for Darksun or Planescape. Honestly, anything other than the Forgotten Realms would be welcome.

I can't speak for WotC, but I do know a thing or three about a certain City of Brass for 5E that will drop later in the year...
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhern View Post
    If they are going to stay in the Forgotten Realms, and I suspect they are, it would be nice if they moved east towards Rashemen, Vaasa, Damara, and the like. Or Thay...

I can't speak for WotC, but I do know a thing or three about a certain City of Brass for 5E that will drop later in the year...
    Well Zhern, you have piqued my curiosity!

I don't mind the Forgotten Realms, but they do need to get away from the Sword Coast...

Completely new setting will definitely stir the things up, though I doubt. Like in the recent ten or more years in Hollywood, they probably will re-use old and proven stuffs, not risking too much.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Almost official, Waterdeep and Undermountain. Of course all the references could be something else, but seems unlikely.
    https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/some
    June 1st we will know for sure.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Almost official, Waterdeep and Undermountain. Of course all the references could be something else, but seems unlikely.
    https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/some
    June 1st we will know for sure.
    Looks like you are probably correct. Was really hoping for something different this time around. After Chult it made me want to play Eberron again.

Xanathar, followed by Mordenkainen...

What comes after Xanathar, and an archmage? Myth Drannor.

Eye of the Beholder = BBEG Xanathar
    Eye of the Beholder II = Archmage of Waterdeep gives people notes with information (Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, though Mord is Greyhawk, possibly to throw people off)
    Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor

there is "many eyes"

recent ARG: Immortal Fortress

Myth Drannor, which is ruled by a Lich named Acwellan
    immortal IN a fortress.

https://www.immortalfortress.com/who-is-our
    The man dispatched to Earth and tasked with safeguarding the stone, knows not his own true name, nor of the land he once called home; Subjected to a spell, which, for a time, recast his mind, occluding his true self, lest he be too easy to find.
    Lich protect their phylactery, was Acwellan his true name?

announced in June, probably release in Fall...

the Fall of Myth Drannor...
    Last edited by shadzar; May 8th, 2018 at 20:56.

Thread Information