Starfinder Playlist

Managing Starfinder characters

How do we do it?

Could I get a serious answer, please?

Blog Entries
    Manage...?

Depends upon what you mean. FG is very good at creating characters, but if you want to add and remove levels, classes and do what-if types of scenarios, FG does not do that well (i.e. typically called manage). In short, you can add to the character with some automation, but FG will not automate remove of anything.

I don't know SF, but for instance in 5E or PF, if I add a level of thief, FG will add all the appropriate skills and feats, etc, but if I delete that level of thief, FG will not remove anything that was added.

Start with the User Manual; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...UserManual.pdf
    You can also get specifics here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ter_Management

If you still have questions, the best place to post them is in the Star Finder forum here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...102-Starfinder
    As the people who frequent it all play SF.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I mean exactly what I said. When you go hit the 'Manage Characters' button on the FG startup screen, there is no option for Starfinder in the ruleset box.

I posted it here because this is a Customer Support issue.
    Last edited by quark12000; April 25th, 2018 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by quark12000 View Post
    I mean exactly what I said. When you go hit the 'Manage Characters' button on the FG startup screen, there is no option for Starfinder in the ruleset box.
    Thanks for clarifying what your actual issue was. As LordEntrails mentioned - "manage" is frequently used in RPG terms to mean editing, maintaining, creating, etc. So, as you didn't specifically tell us the full details of your issue in your first post, we couldn't address what your problem was until now. In future, to avoid frustration and wasted time all round, please provide a little bit more info when posting questions/asking for help with an issue. Thanks.

Now... to address your issue. The Starfinder ruleset in FG is called SFRPG (similar to the Pathfinder PFRPG ruleset). Assuming you've purchased the ruleset and done an update within FG, the ruleset should be there to select in "Manage Characters".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for clarifying what your actual issue was. As LordEntrails mentioned - "manage" is frequently used in RPG terms to mean editing, maintaining, creating, etc. So, as you didn't specifically tell us the full details of your issue in your first post, we couldn't address what your problem was until now. In future, to avoid frustration and wasted time all round, please provide a little bit more info when posting questions/asking for help with an issue. Thanks.

Now... to address your issue. The Starfinder ruleset in FG is called SFRPG (similar to the Pathfinder PFRPG ruleset). Assuming you've purchased the ruleset and done an update within FG, the ruleset should be there to select in "Manage Characters".
    I have not purchased the Starfinder ruleset. I have not purchased any ruleset. However, the D&D editions are there, as is the Pathfinder one and some others. No Starfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by quark12000 View Post
    I have not purchased the Starfinder ruleset. I have not purchased any ruleset. However, the D&D editions are there, as is the Pathfinder one and some others. No Starfinder.
    Starfinder is not included with the FG base license. See "Rulesets" in the feature list for which rulesets are included: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php

The Starfinder ruleset is an officially licensed product - with the ruleset and the core rules library. It is available in the store here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO7101FG
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information