5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NPC Inventory Tab

I was talking to a friend the other day and behold we asked ourselves why the npcs does not have an inventory tab, this would be very cool and practical, because we could designate what Donkey is carrying for example, and we would have more space in the inventory of the player and the master and even the players through the sharing would have a better control ...

Blog Entries
    I don't use GURPS, but this would be nice for pretty well every ruleset.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

It was exactly what we thought, but in the case we had this idea in a game of DnD and I was able to do it so far, but still can not drag the drop items for this inventory
    I believe I need some script?

Attachment 23156

If I can or better, now I need help to get the items drag n drop
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; April 22nd, 2018 at 03:37.

Extension that adds the inventory tab to the NPC, now running grace to Celestian.
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; April 22nd, 2018 at 15:19.

Are you guys talking about CoreRPG and/or 5E ruleset allowing inventory tab?

I did this with AD&D Core (based on 5e originally) and it took a bit of hacking to the manager_item.lua from CoreRPG as well several others. I eventually got it to work and also made it so I could drag/drop the npc in the Parcels window so that the npc inventory was dropped their... also could drag/drop a encounter sheet into the parcel list and it go through all npcs and put their inventory in the parcel list.

So, it's possible but if you're talking about C&C and Savageworlds... I've no clue about their ruleset mechanics.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

At first this idea came up for the same 5E, but it would be interesting to have this function in all rulesets, I'll take a look at the files that you indicated

celestian, would this be an extension that is available?
    The concept sounds very useful.

From my experience, it's easier to develop a locker like extension. Rather than giving NPCs an inventory, create a new 'storage' space called donkey that you can drag/drop items into from party or player inventories. I've been using a personal extension for my sci-fi game that lets players split inventory with what's on their person, their ship locker, personal locker, as well as even storing weapons away in a briefcase to be fetched later (infiltration).

Finally after Celestian indicates the path, the drag function of the items has been added: D
    But a friend asked:
    If I add for example a Frostbrand to an Orc this item goes to his Action and if I add some armor to some creature it will change the AC of it, testing I saw it not but would like to know if this is possible if possible How would you do it?
    I need a lot of help because I do not know anything about programming everything is done on the basis of stubbornness ...

Thread Information