DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    this makes things like invisibility, one round, (from class effects etc) actually track properly. while it is cool having the option to track when a spell was cast by its turn in the initiativer order by exact number, this makes it so much easier to code a whole bunch of stuff that shouldn't last past a persons next turn, as per the games intentions. (after all, abilities that are worded "UNTIL THE END OF THE CASTERS NEXT TURN" mean its up for their initiative, whatever they happen to roll on the next round, and no longer or shorter than that. sure, the other way is fun, but isn't how it is intended to work.

Blog Entries
    So in tonight's game, we had 2 instances of this not working.

One when the Help Action was applied, but as soon as the round changed, it disappeared.

The same thing happened with the Dodge Action.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    So in tonight's game, we had 2 instances of this not working.

One when the Help Action was applied, but as soon as the round changed, it disappeared.

The same thing happened with the Dodge Action.
    I'm not sure what either of those are unfortunately (not a 5e guy). Can you explain how you configured the effect exactly and I'll experiment.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm not sure what either of those are, unfortunately (not a 5e guy). Can you explain how you configured the effect exactly and I'll experiment.
    Dodge is just the word Dodge in the Combat Tracker and has a time of 1 round, it's supposed to stay on the PC until the START on its next turn.

Help is similar, it's an effect applied to a PC by another PC and it expires when used (which does work properly) or at the START of the appliERS next turn.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Dodge is just the word Dodge in the Combat Tracker and has a time of 1 round, it's supposed to stay on the PC until the START on its next turn.

Help is similar, it's an effect applied to a PC by another PC and it expires when used (which does work properly) or at the START of the appliERS next turn.
    Okay, so Help is not going to expire on the "appliers" turn. The module only tracks the object with the effects turn.

As to Dodge you need to set the duration to 1 and set the round it's suppose to go on.

If you don't set that to something valid (NOT 0) it'll just be decremented at end of round and expire. Set it to the current "turn" the player has like I did in the example above.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    So if I’m understanding, having to make manual adjustments kind of defeats the purpose. Also, you don’t know the initiative until FG rolls it on the next round so this kind of becomes useless in that case, no?

In other words, what is the benefit of the extension?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

So if I’m understanding, having to make manual adjustments kind of defeats the purpose. Also, you don’t know the initiative until FG rolls it on the next round so this kind of becomes useless in that case, no?

In other words, what is the benefit of the extension?
    For this effect? I've no idea. It works for the others because they persist for more than 1 round and thus I can set the initiative it triggers on. I can't know the future and set it... boy if I did I'd be a lot richer right now.
    ---

Blog Entries
    I’m not an extension expert, but couldn’t you “mark” the players I it and then when the next round comes, reset all matching numbers? It seems that would be possible.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

I’m not an extension expert, but couldn’t you “mark” the players I it and then when the next round comes, reset all matching numbers? It seems that would be possible.
    Not sure what you're trying to say.

Here is what will work. On the PCs turn, If you want them to have DODGE up until their next turn, give them the effect Dodge with duration 1 and set the initiative to anything equal/greater than their current initiative. It will last until their next initiative is active.

The problem is the extension won't manage an effect with a activation round of 0.
    ---

Thread Information