FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 15 First ... 45678 ... Last

Thread: C & C Questions

Blog Entries
    I'm not familiar. I think I have GG's adventures (or at least a couple of them) they wrote for C&C with the intention of doing the FG versions. GG's borderline hostility to VTTs has made me pretty much disregard everything they do now, including their own games.

4100x3000 pixel map is way above the recommended image size of 2048x2048. Keep an eye on performance and memory use, especially on the player side. If you're sharing a lot of other stuff, your players may experience issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Interesting comment about GG. From what I know of of them, they have a certain style and swagger that works for them. That style doesn't seem to involve color anything except cover art. On the visual aids alignment chart, FG (and VTT in general) are probably on the opposite side.

Yeah, the image size is huge Trenloe. I worked hard to honor the file size, but there is a noticeable pause when I open one of these images. It also clearly has a mask overlay which will get somewhat complex as the sessions complicate it as sections are revealed.

Blog Entries
    Troll Lords, Frog God, Raging Swan and several other small studios also publish primarily black and white art except for covers, but they're perfectly fine licensing for VTTs. I haven't dealt with Goodman Games at all myself, but the commentary from those who have has been quite a bit more negative than with others who decline VTT licensing. I have no problem saying "screw 'em" because I only have so much free time and it's not like I'm losing out by not playing one of their games, which no one locally has ever heard of anyway.

Listen to Trenloe about the image size! When sharing content, the client (ie. players) use up more memory for everything being shared than the server (you) does; up to 400% has been reported a few times. This is why 99% of the "why are my players crashing and/or disconnecting for no reason?" threads here, the answer is "there is a reason -- you're sharing too much!"

Blog Entries
    For NPCs....

Dragging teh NPC and releasing within that same frame is how you dupe the entity.
    Dragging it to the frame above and releasing it on another chapter/book/description is how you relocate it.

Thanks, Damned. I tried it (dropping in it's source area) and it did as you said - it created a copy in the NEW section.

Blog Entries
    Man, my summer hiatus is around half over... I'm itching to get back at it.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You are wise to take summers off. I've been trying to get a campaign closed down, but we are missing more weeks than we are playing - just so much going on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Thanks, Damned. I tried it (dropping in it's source area) and it did as you said - it created a copy in the NEW section.
    What is the new group you are trying to drag too?
    Is it an existing module/reference (read only) or a group you have created?
    Its working as it is supposed to for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Yeah, the image size is huge Trenloe. I worked hard to honor the file size, but there is a noticeable pause when I open one of these images. It also clearly has a mask overlay which will get somewhat complex as the sessions complicate it as sections are revealed.
    I’m not sure what you’re saying here. You’ve worked hard to honor the recommended 1MB file size? That’s cool, but really that’s a nice to have and only impacts time to share to the players.

The BIG thing you should always try to do is to keep the image resolution within the recommended 2048x2048 pixels. Break big images up into smaller sections if you have to. The fact that you’re seeing a noticeable pause when opening the image is due to the image resolution being beyond the recommended size. And is a major cause of concern once you start using this image within an actual game session. I can’t stress strongly enough the need to try to stick to the recommended image resolution.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information