FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5131415

Thread: C & C Questions

Ah, nevermind, I can see it in the chat window.

[ATTACK] Touch [TOUCH]

Did you try it out?

BTW, it can have the word "touch" anywhere in the attack name. Like you can do "Shocking Grasp (touch)" as the attack name.
    Last edited by Andraax; November 10th, 2018 at 21:30.

That is good to know, thanks! I will almost certainly run into more touch attacks that have different naming conventions.

Blog Entries
    On that note, if you find any in M&T post them here and I can tweak their attacks so that [TOUCH] will definitely be applied.

I did some searching on the forum. Found some interesting things. My question is how do people use healing spells. Do they just roll a d8 and manually add it to the character sheet or CT? I tried doing it as a weapon (original idea until I searched the forum and found other references to that) which didn't work "min attack damage of 1" on 1d8-11 etc. I tried effects with not much luck.

My search of the forum yielded:
    """""reference spells can now be opened on the charsheet without the module needing to be opened Rightclicking on an individual spell name will give the options on the radial menu to reveal spell dice (for this spell or for all spells of this level.
    "This opens a new field where ""damage"" or ""healing"" Can be selected. And a string"
    field where a dice string should be entered. e.g. 10d10 (for a 10th level fireball)
    clicking the redial menu again will hide the spell dice. They will default to hidden when
    the charactersheet is exited

"If the spell is an attack and the GM deems it hits then the player can press and hold shift, and " then press the casting button again. This will roll the dice entered into spell dice at all targets
    on the list (good for area effect spells), if the targets have saved for half damage he should
    press and hold alt instead of shift and then press cast. The damage will be halved (rounded down)and a message reporting that the roll is a half damage save is sent to the chat window.
    all these damage rolls are added to the CT wounds entry if healing has been selected the steps are the same, but the value is deducted from the wounds entry do the target is healed.

Another thing I want to work on - when time permits - is a module containing all offensive (and even healing) spells as Weapons. This means you could target your enemy and then click a Magic Missile DAMAGE (no need to roll for hit as it always hits) as the [Weapon] attack and it would describe the attack and inflict the damage. Again someone might (not dropping any hints really) beat me to it."""""""

So interesting things, but not an answer have I found.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Most of what you quote seems to be referencing the 5E ruleset. Healing does not work that way in the C&C ruleset. Many people just roll the dice, then drag and drop the result on their HP field (either the CT or the sheet) - but only the GM or the player himself can do this. If you want the healer to be able to handle this for others, they can create a "weapon" entry that has "[HEAL]" in the name. If you drag and drop the damage for that "weapon" onto another player's token or CT entry, it will roll the dice and heal them. I also make players that are trying to heal someone who is in combat make a "touch" roll - to touch the other player to accomplish the heal while they are dancing around, avoiding being hit by enemies - you can make this named something like "Healing Touch [HEAL]" and if you drag and drop the attack, it will do a "touch" roll, and if that is successful, you can drag and drop the "damage" dice and it will roll and heal them.

@Andraax Great thanks. That's crazy good information. I just tried it successfully. And if for some reason you need a hit modifier I tried Healing Touch [HEAL] +20 and it worked charmingly.

That's all. I have a secondary question, but its more academic in nature. I seem to remember seeing that [HEAL] somewhere before. I'm sure it was in the forum probably (nevermind on that, I'll find it sometime. I'll not ask anyone to go looking for a reference in a forum *chuckle*) but if there is a rules reference list of options where [HEAL] is mentioned among others I'd love to not be as dumb and have to ask questions that are there for me to learn on my own.

As far as those quotes:
    First two are from 2012 where a guy was working on the CnC and gave a list of things he had in store, but had to leave before finishing (that's how I understood it). Dr. Venture/Uriel many other references to heal in that one.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...highlight=heal

Third and last quote was from Damned about CnC character sheets back in 2014 where he wanted to have weapons that, well you see the quote. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hlight=healing

And Talyn had some quotes back then. One of my favorite Talyn quotes not directly about heal, but coincided with my search: "I could but since I'm the guy who bitches about umpteen bazillion threads around here about the same thing, it'd be a little hypocritical of me to go making my own umpteen bazillion threads." I got a chuckle from that one.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Segin
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

I had explained at some point that adding the string "[HEAL]" to a weapon name triggers the "heal" code built in to CoreRPG. I didn't actually have to code for that, just found it while inspecting the code. I had to add the "touch" part, however, to the ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Me? Mouthing off? NO WAY!!1!!eleven!!

I never got around to adding [HEAL] to the wiki yet (it's a CoreRPG function, so it works in every ruleset layered over CoreRPG) but it is found in the Quick Reference Index (QRI) of the Players Handbook:

Andraax were there any other keywords buried in the CoreRPG code we should document?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Talyn; November 13th, 2018 at 23:13.

Thread Information