DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 15 First ... 34567 ... Last

Thread: C & C Questions

Castle Keeper's Guide... It is the first FG product that I have disabled because I felt like it was doing more harm than good. Adding it is a step in the wrong direction.

Worse than worthless.

Why in the world do I have 3 'new items' in the new items group? They are all blank.

That doesn't look right. Let us check with the current content developer for that DLC to see what happened.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    @Mortar's CKG update is still in progress. He sent the latest to the "beta readers" several weeks ago. But yeah, the existing product has a lot of issues like this that will be fixed in addition to reference manual and updated to the newest printing of the book.

I just went in and updated the existing content to avoid those specific errors; and it will be released with our Tuesday DLC updates. (i.e. tomorrow)

The extraneous item entries have been removed; and the image records have been given names.

Regards,
    JPG

Here is something kinda funky that I have noticed. It might be a feature, I dunno...

If I drag and drop a monster into the NEW category... it doesn't duplicate a new instance which is the behavior of other rulesets. No, it re-categorizes the creature. (To get a duplicate to work with, you then drop it again in the NEW category.)

Admittedly, it is kind of cool to be able to create categories and move monsters around. I've not give it a lot of thought, but dividing them into type categories might be neat (i.e. undead, aberration, etc). But, I am bringing it up here because it sorta looks like a bug. Also, if I was not paying much attention to the source when I dragged and dropped it, I might not put it back exactly where it came from.

Also, 99% of the time, all I really want is a copy that I can then modify to suit my need for a quick bit of customization. It is somewhat disconcerting to actually move it to a new category.

Blog Entries
    All the rulesets do that, at least in my experience so far. You have to first create a copy of the NPC (drop it into the main window) and then drag it to whichever Group you want it. If you simply drag the reference NPC into a new Group, then as you say, it simply sorts it there without creating a local copy first.

Dragging from one category and dropping onto another category is how you move items / npcs / etc from one category to another. As far as I know, this is CoreRPG functionality, so it should work the same in all other CoreRPG derived rulesets.

Well, most of my (recent) experience is with Savage Worlds - and I am almost positive that dragging to NEW is how you create a copy to work with there.

Anyhow, it was a bit freaky , but I'll roll with the changes.

Blog Entries
    If that is the case, don't count on it lasting. Savage Worlds was originally not a CoreRPG-based ruleset. @Ikael has been slowly making it more and more CoreRPG-compliant while adding new features so if this behavior is currently in SW, it's entirely possible that it will be removed at some point for compliance.

Understood. It may already be implemented given the number of updates to Savage Worlds. I haven't done a lot of encounter building in SW since early this year.

I have been digging C&C. I just plugged in the first level for DCC #01 - I wanted to see if C&C's universal translator functionality that others have remarked upon was as good as has been mentioned and the module has been pretty easy to convert thus far. I would have to agree that C&C is uniquely positioned to convert just about anything OSR and 1e, 2e, and 3e as well. Really cool tool for the GM that wants the best modules, no matter the game system .

It is a Big Freaking Map (tm), but it is right on a 1mb file size while maintaining pretty good detail. I sort of worry about the players navigating it, but hey, it is 2018 Still, a 4100 x 3000 pixel map should cause a few discussions on how to scale and scroll around the battle map.

It has good detail while being small enough to transfer and display nicely. After this one, I will convert DCC #27 which continues the tale. If anyone is familiar with DCC line, is there a module that you'd recommend before others?

I also have already knocked out a conversion for Blood Moon Rising from Small Niche Games. That looks like a lot of fun

Thread Information