FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 15 First ... 56789 ... Last

Thread: C & C Questions

Ah yes, back to stupid questions...

I have a 4hd creature. I want to inform C&C that it is 4HD for combat purposes - and I want to lock in the hit points. What is the notation for this? "4(38)" results in 438. As does "4 (38)" and "38" gets the hit points right, but I doubt that the system is aware that it is a 4hd creature.

Thanks in advance!

You have to make the monster into a "character" type NPC to force HP.

That would be pretty awkward if I were trying to faithfully plug-in a module.

I wish that the encounter builder had some customization options for encounters. You know, where you can arm and armor your humanoids, customize stuff like hit points, and otherwise tweak the encounter without creating NPCs or duplicates of creatures. It is the logical point for doing stuff like this.

I've been messing around with EFFECTS. The Wiki/help, wasn't explained enough for a newbie. But with trial and error I have experimented enough to get some interesting effects (pun!) on my effects. har har. And have for the most part been successful. Some DUMB Question/comments:

Just typing in Prone, seems to be programmed in automatically as are the other five conditions on the first table. I'm guessing those are the only ones. The next table are modifiers you can play with to make the effect you want from a skill/spell/ability/race etc.

It is pretty sweet that you can target and have duration and such. I'm not sure why more things aren't pre-programmed. Spells aren't pre-programmed like Prone, and as it shouldn't take much time to do, (unless it isn't possible to do) I'm wondering why it isn't. Which leads to my question.

Bless/ Shield of Faith - The AC part of those spells are easy to type in as an effect in the effect list and just Click on when the spell is cast. Example:
    Character X casts Shield of Faith
    mark it as cast on the Spell Tab, making it disappear.
    bring up the effects and (while Character X is selected) click on the Effect "Shield of Faith;AC:2"
    This now gives the proper AC bonus and the duration I want which was put in the effect.

**I've played around with the +2 bonus on all saves portion of Shield of Faith. ABIL:2 being the closest thing. Gives +2 to all modifiers, not touching attacks (awesome!). Problem is it also effects Hide, Pick Pocket, etc under the Abilities and not just saves. So

So continuing on with my example, for the +2 bonus of Shield of Faith, I bring up the Modifier table and click on my Modifier- Spell SAVES +2 option if my character has to roll a save while under the effect of Shield of Faith (which the duration is being kept up with by the effect Shield of Faith;AC:2 in the Combat Tracker.

Anyway, there may be more information out there. Just haven't come across it yet. I think I am going about it the easiest/best way available (other than keeping up with spells on a piece of paper and making the adjustments in my head or on a piece of paper). Wondering if anyone else approaches it differently/better.

How I approach a racial +2 Save versus Fear is have that modifier added under an ability in the Ability tab and a Note/reminder on the first tab of the Character so that when that situation comes up, I roll by clicking on the ability. I could also just modify the roll by 2 and clicking Charisma.

FantasyG Effects pic.jpg
    Last edited by Segin; July 29th, 2018 at 21:05.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Blog Entries
    Hi Segin

I havent used CnC for a while so I wont try and answer those questions.
    If you were to PM me any improvements/additions to the Wiki to make it easier for the next person I will review and add them in.

There is no way to distinguish between a "saving throw" and an "ability check", so effects cannot be applied to only one. The rare cases where it matters, you'll just have to either apply a manual modifier, or just adjust the result in your head.

BTW, the next release adds "Defenseless" as an automatic AC: -10 adjustment, similar to Prone.

Ok thanks. I was attempting to automate some spells as much as possible. Shield or Bless each gives a +# to ST's and if I could click on an effect to emulate that the spell was active, that would just be nice. The work around is to emulate the AC or To Hit, and if the save happens to be needed, just use a modifier.

Thanks for your work and the response/information. Does the wiki on effects give all the possible modifiers we have to work with? If it does, no response needed. If there are others, I'd love to know the entire list.

Again, thanks.

[EDIT] nevermind, found this. --> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library Although, on second thought, this probably doesn't work in CnC. Probably all the active modifiers we can use are already represented on the wiki. Still, we can do a lot with those tools. Thanks!
    Last edited by Segin; July 30th, 2018 at 02:07.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If you were to PM me any improvements/additions to the Wiki to make it easier for the next person I will review and add them in.
    Also, anyone who updates the Wiki, please notify me too so I can add the changes to the Wiki Effects page in the PHB Quick Reference Index.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Ah yes, back to stupid questions...

I have a 4hd creature. I want to inform C&C that it is 4HD for combat purposes - and I want to lock in the hit points. What is the notation for this? "4(38)" results in 438. As does "4 (38)" and "38" gets the hit points right, but I doubt that the system is aware that it is a 4hd creature.

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried 4 (d1+37) ?
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Blog Entries
    The script uses the notation seen in M&T: ie. 4(d8) or whatever die you're using as that monster's base. Note that to set specific hit points, @Andraax showed above to click the radio button to change it to a "character" type. I don't know if you can then switch it back to "Monster" type and still have it abide by the HP you set. Sometimes the ruleset will still act upon "hidden" data, sometimes not. Also be aware in the Options button down at the bottom under House Rules (GM) there are three different toggles for how you want the script to set monster HP when loaded into the Combat Tracker.

Thread Information