DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Ultimate Dark Ages Guide: Vikings

Wondering if anyone has run a game that uses or incorporates the stuff in the Ultimate Dark Ages Guide: Vikings supplement? I'm thinking about running a short, couple session, Viking sort-of themed fantasy campaign to try my hand at learning and GM'ing the SW system and and considering using the stuff in there.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    I have several of the Ultimate Products, some of the information in them is great for the historical reading and flavor for your campaign. In the case of the Ultimate Iron Age Guide: Roman Legions, I found they were confused in the timeline of Roman military history. For most people in won't matter, but if you are into history in any form, you will likely find some form of inconsistency. YMMV.

Give it a try, I am sure there'd be a lot of interest.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to incorporate the information in there into a homebrew and run with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    In the case of the Ultimate Iron Age Guide: Roman Legions, I found they were confused in the timeline of Roman military history. For most people in won't matter, but if you are into history in any form, you will likely find some form of inconsistency,
    Yeah, that might trigger me but I'll try to overlook it.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

If you are willing to look at another system, I can recommend Yggdrassil by Le 7ème Cercle for pre-Viking era and Viking era adventuring. The game system captures the Scandian mythology theme well. There is a ruleset available. The ruleset contains customised dice rolling and a character sheet for the setting. It is built on top of the CoreRPG ruleset. The NPC Sheet and Combat Tracker are yet to be customised but the CoreRPG functionality can be used instead when running a game.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    Thanks Valarian. I don't think I have seen that system before, I'll have to check it out.

Thread Information