FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    No I didn't. Most people don't. I didn't ask for attitude, just a yes or no answer.
    No you can not sell it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey man. Burn out can happen. Hopefully in time you will come back to the hobby once life is in better balance.
    Hang on to a few pieces - you might regret not having them later on.
    Take care and enjoy the fresh air.
    Well I appreciate the kind words. I have gotten burn out before and took a break and it really didn't help. It has nothing to do with my life being in balance or not. I live in an area where there are no gamers and my only choice is to play online and it's not really fun. I did have a group that did play face to face for awhile and even then, it wasn't fun. Making a clean break is what I need to do. I enjoy Board Games and there are plenty of people around to play those and video games (and with the video games I can play them with my local group of friends online who also have a PS4). It was fun but it's just time to move on.
    Daedalus

Time Zone: EDT
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    My Games are free to play. You only need the Demo to play

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Listen to this. I know of many people who have returned even after 10+ years and regret not having kept a few of their more memorable pieces. Maybe just the core books or a handful or mini's or your favorite couple of modules.

Maybe one day you'll want to pass those on to your grandchildren *G*
    I am not planning coming back. I took a break and came back and it really didnt help. The joy I had for the hobby for the game is gone. Making a clean break is the best way to go for me.
    Daedalus

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Maybe just a switch in game systems would help?
    No, I have played other rpgs and that didnt help. I am just going to make a clean break from the hobby and move on to other things. I was just asking about the license which I guess I am stuck with, I wasn't asking to be convinced to stay in the hobby. Thank you though
    Daedalus

Blog Entries
    I am not planning coming back. I took a break and came back and it really didnt help. The joy I had for the hobby for the game is gone. Making a clean break is the best way to go for me.
    "May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back."

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No you can not sell it.
    Yeah, I got that
    Daedalus

No I didn't. Most people don't. I didn't ask for attitude, just a yes or no answer.
    A lot of people will disagree with this, but there's not much point in reading an End User License Agreement. They all say the same thing: "You aren't buying anything, you're just bribing me to let you use my software, and I can change my mind if I want to."

There is nothing - nothing at all - that would keep you from selling your Fantasy Grounds account (including your forum account) to someone who wants to buy it. There's nothing keeping SmiteWorks from cancelling your account if you do, other than the fact that it would be a crap thing to do and Doug & Co. usually go out of their way to accommodate FG customers. Whoever buys your account (almost certainly someone in your game group, who would use it to carry on whatever campaigns you've got going) will probably buy more stuff, so nuking it wouldn't make much sense.

People love - LOVE - to tell you what you're allowed and not allowed to do, but you can do whatever you want to with the software and license. The EULA just gives the licensor an excuse to revoke your license, and as long as you are up-front about that to whomever you sell it to, it isn't your problem anymore.

With all that said, I'd suggest you hesitate before getting rid of all your game stuff. Literally everyone I've seen do that over the years has eventually come back to gaming in some form or another.

I hope things work out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    except you can gift things you own on Steam to other people...

so the FG EULA is not in compliance with Steam library rules of use?
    One company's EULA (Valve/Steam) does not void or change any other company's EULA. As was pointed out earlier, you don't actually own any software you purchase. You're paying for the right to install a company's property(their piece of software) on your computer along with the right to use that property within their specific set of rules. Just because you don't read a EULA doesn't mean that it doesn't apply to you.

Its funny though. The whole "you don't own a license"-schick don't fly in EU. No matter what the EULA says, I have the right to sell it. As an EU citizen it is mine - I own it. There was a lot of hoopla about it a few years back. Software companies were not happy about it.

Anyhoooo... just interesting that most people over here doesn't even realize that.

Vires Animi

*deleted*
    Last edited by ywang2011; April 22nd, 2018 at 00:46. Reason: already answered

Thread Information