FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    A quick review... the EULA appears consistent with Steams gift policy.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza0Tyr View Post
    A quick review... the EULA appears consistent with Steams gift policy.
    From the Fantasy Grounds EULA:
    This license is not transferable to another organization. You may transfer a license to another individual once if the software has not been used on any system and you are the original buyer of the license. You may transfer the license to any private system you own.
    From Steam Trading policies:
    Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?
    No. Only games that have granted as an extra copy, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once a Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won’t be able to trade it again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    except you can gift things you own on Steam to other people...

so the FG EULA is not in compliance with Steam library rules of use?
    So my initial thought is that obviously it must be, since it is on Steam. Then again, I don't come here and seemingly dedicate myself to trying to root out or generate apparent problems out of thin air either, so perhaps I lack the proper perspective.

Daedalus did not raise the issue of his license being purchased on Steam; the second poster is the one who first mentioned Steam, so who knows if that is even an issue.

Regardless, a quick Google search of "can you gift a game on Steam" delivered the following:

A Steam gift purchase is a one-time transfer—after the recipient has redeemed and installed the gift, it is now a part of his or her Steam games collection. Also note that you may only gift new purchasesyou may not transfer games you already own.
    and

Only gifts that have not been added to your Steam library can be traded. On Steam, you have a Library and an Inventory. Your Library is the list of games you own and can play, but can't trade; your Inventory is the list of games you can trade but can't play.
    and

A Steam gift purchase is a one-time transfer—after the recipient has redeemed and installed the gift, it is now a part of his or her Steam games collection. Also note that you may only gift new purchases—you may not transfer games you already own.
    and

Only games that have granted as an extra copy, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once a Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won't be able to trade it again.
    So, under the above quotes, it would appear that if the OP had purchased FG via Steam, or initially received it as a gift via Steam, it would not matter as he has obviously "played" it thus making it ineligible to be traded.

Regardless, the OP has asked the question and one would assume either the answer(s) received so far are acceptable or, if not, he will contact SmiteWorks to discuss.

Aside from that Andraax is pointing things in the right direction.

Edit: I see Carl is faster at typing than I am.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    So my initial thought is that obviously it must be, since it is on Steam. Then again, I don't come here and seemingly dedicate myself to trying to root out or generate apparent problems out of thin air either, so perhaps I lack the proper perspective.

Daedalus did not raise the issue of his license being purchased on Steam; the second poster is the one who first mentioned Steam, so who knows if that is even an issue.

Regardless, a quick Google search of "can you gift a game on Steam" delivered the following:

and

and

and

So, under the above quotes, it would appear that if the OP had purchased FG via Steam, or initially received it as a gift via Steam, it would not matter as he has obviously "played" it thus making it ineligible to be traded.

Regardless, the OP has asked the question and one would assume either the answer(s) received so far are acceptable or, if not, he will contact SmiteWorks to discuss.

Aside from that Andraax is pointing things in the right direction.

Edit: I see Carl is faster at typing than I am.
    Good Day John
    You just typed more in depth than Carl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I have gotten to the point where I am completely burned out on gaming and I am selling all of my game books, shredding my character sheets and moving on to other things. I was curious if it is possible for me to sell my Ultimate License for FG since I wont need the software to someone else who might get use out of it.

Please let me know if this is possible or not
    Hey man. Burn out can happen. Hopefully in time you will come back to the hobby once life is in better balance.
    Hang on to a few pieces - you might regret not having them later on.
    Take care and enjoy the fresh air.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey man. Burn out can happen. Hopefully in time you will come back to the hobby once life is in better balance.
    Listen to this. I know of many people who have returned even after 10+ years and regret not having kept a few of their more memorable pieces. Maybe just the core books or a handful or mini's or your favorite couple of modules.

Maybe one day you'll want to pass those on to your grandchildren *G*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yeah, burnout is absolutely a thing. Sometimes you need to get some distance from it to get a sense of what you were really enjoying, and then go back to that. I gave up on D&D (and most generic fantasy settings) due to burnout a few years back, and have no regrets.

Maybe just a switch in game systems would help?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Your license is tied to your forum account. Did you read the EULA?
    No I didn't. Most people don't. I didn't ask for attitude, just a yes or no answer.
    Daedalus

Time Zone: EDT
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    My Games are free to play. You only need the Demo to play

Thread Information