5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think perhaps part of the confusion is that in some mythos (and maybe Lord of the Rings?) elves are vegetarian. But, yes, this phrase means that elves in 5E eat meat (unless the DM says otherwise of course!)
    Yeah, that's makes sense. Thank you!

I think perhaps part of the confusion is that in some mythos (and maybe Lord of the Rings?) elves are vegetarian. But, yes, this phrase means that elves in 5E eat meat (unless the DM says otherwise of course!)
    I don't recall anything in the lord of the rings saying the elves are vegetarian. They do revere Orome the Valar of the hunt, and they make bows which are useless for vegetarians. But I also don't recall anything specifically about them eating meat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    I don't recall anything in the lord of the rings saying the elves are vegetarian. They do revere Orome the Valar of the hunt, and they make bows which are useless for vegetarians. But I also don't recall anything specifically about them eating meat.
    Even vegetarians have to defend themselves against orcs, but I don't recall them being such and have certainly never run them that way.
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

From the Hobbit - Flies and Spiders (when they encountered the elves on the road):

There was a fire in their midst and there were torches fastened to some of the trees round about; but the most splendid sight of all: they were eating and drinking and laughing merrily. The smell of the roast meats was so enchanting that, without waiting to consult one another, every one of them got up and scrambled forwards into the ring with the one idea of begging some food.
    From The Lays of Beleriand, we know that Thingol served mead, wine, and various types of meat at his table:

On a time was Turin at the table of Thingol there was laughter long and the loud clamour of a countless company that quaffed the mead, amid the wine of Dor-Winion that went ungrudged in their golden goblets; and goodly meats there burdened the boards, neath the blazing torches.

The only Elven mythos that I am aware of that are vegetarian (& I could be wrong about it because it was decades ago when I read these) was the Elfquest mythos.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    The only Elven mythos that I am aware of that are vegetarian (& I could be wrong about it because it was decades ago when I read these) was the Elfquest mythos.
    https://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=OQ/OQ07&p=3

"We should have killed one of the zwoots and saved the meat instead of letting them go in the desert."
    Elfquest's primary elves, the wolfriders, live like wolves. The sunfolk are balanced like us real-world humans and they are the only ones who practice even a little agriculture. Go Backs and the elves of Blue Mountain eat a lot of meat but not as much as wolfriders.

Blog Entries
    Dulux was wrong! Dulux was wrong! Nanny nanny boo boo!!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    https://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=OQ/OQ07&p=3

"We should have killed one of the zwoots and saved the meat instead of letting them go in the desert."
    Elfquest's primary elves, the wolfriders, live like wolves. The sunfolk are balanced like us real-world humans and they are the only ones who practice even a little agriculture. Go Backs and the elves of Blue Mountain eat a lot of meat but not as much as wolfriders.
    There you go, I was wrong - in my defence I did say it was decades ago when I read Elfquest

Thanks for correcting my memory.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Thanks for correcting my memory.
    I wish someone would find mine. No idea where it’s gone.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Dulux was wrong! Dulux was wrong! Nanny nanny boo boo!!
    Yeeessss, I was wrong, and there's no shame in that.

Of course, what is the score now: 99% right? 99.9%? 99.9999%? I don't know, but I assume its something like that.

(And at this point, a "lesser" man would be threatening a certain Vrusk - but not me. I'll just bask in my natural "rightness" )
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thread Information