5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Legal question

Legal question

Good eveing.
    I purchase the inlimited license some time ago. I travel a lot for job, and i like to know if it's possible to install fantasy ground both on pc and laptop. Obviously i use one or other, and never togheter. I don't want risk to loose my license using the program on 2 different computers.
    One more question: is it possible to keep on the same computer both the ultimate and demo version? I need it to made some test before connect with my players.

Thanks for your answer.

[EDIT] If it's possible, to duplicate the configuration on laptop, is it enough to copy and paste the installation folder of fantasy grounds?
    Last edited by graziano.girelli; April 19th, 2018 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Good eveing.
    I purchase the inlimited license some time ago. I travel a lot for job, and i like to know if it's possible to install fantasy ground both on pc and laptop. Obviously i use one or other, and never togheter. I don't want risk to loose my license using the program on 2 different computers.
    One more question: is it possible to keep on the same computer both the ultimate and demo version? I need it to made some test before connect with my players.

Thanks for your answer.
    It is. you just cannot login with the same account on different IPs at the same time or something like that.

I have a standard license installed on 3 different computers. One in my desktop and 2 on notebooks. No problem.

For the second question: It is, but you can just open two instances of fantasy grounds and put one in one screen and the other on your main. use the second instance to login into the game of the first (mains) instance.
    Use the EXE from the fantasy grounds folder and not the one that steam creates in the desktop and it will work. I do it every Sunday.

About the demo, i thing the process is even easier, as you have ultimate. Just open and login.

Do not do two installations on the same computer - you will end up with issues when updating.

You can do tests by running a second instance of the same installation and connecting to the GM instance on the same computer - "Join Game" with a server address of localhost
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You can install FG on any computer that you own.

If you want to test things out on the same computer start a second instance of Fantasy grounds (not from the steam app if you are using that) and at the connection screen type 'localhost' without the quotes where you would normally type in the IP address or alias. You will now be able to have a DM view and a players view at the same time. (You can also connect your laptop instance to your PC instance but at the connection screen use the internal IP address of the host computer rather than the external address or alias - Actually that might cause a license conflict if you have Ultimate installed in both).

You should install FG separately on each machine as you would any software Copying the installation folder won't work. If you accept the defaults then both installs will be the same.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Many thanks to everyone!!!
    I install FG on laptop then, and use 2 instances on the same machine for test. Monday i can leave Italy and Tuesday have our session without problem from Norway!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Many thanks to everyone!!!
    I install FG on laptop then, and use 2 instances on the same machine for test. Monday i can leave Italy and Tuesday have our session without problem from Norway!!!
    Only open one second instance. Opening another can cause some issues. So - GM instance and one localhost player instance.

Blog Entries
    To be able to game master on your main machine and on your laptop, you need to install the program on both machines, including entering the license key. Make sure all the community extensions are on both machines (the purchased ones from the FH store are automatically installed).

Then you just need to copy your campaign folder back and forth to each machine. Do not use cloud storage to run the game but you can to copy the folder back and forth.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information