5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Wiki's for Character Creation

I was digging though the wiki's looking for guides on how to create a character for each system and did not find any. (Although there is a wiki for the character sheet itself)
    Each rule system has it's own unique quirks on what order you need to do things in FG when creating a character. Such as: In 5E you add the ability score first then your race, background, class (I think. In StarFinder you add the race & background, then add points to your scores, and then add your class.
    If each rule system had such a wiki, then perhaps we could put a help button on the character sheets that would open the right wiki for that system.
    Last edited by ChumSlinger; April 19th, 2018 at 18:22.
    ChumSlinger
    Guaranteed fresh, 100% Grade A Nerd

There is one for 5e. But that probably doesn't help you much.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For rulesets other than the bought ones on FG Store, you should probably own the actual products to play games with them.

A ruleset is just a set of instructions and formulae to make FG do things the best it can for that system,it isn't a replacement for owning the game the ruleset is for, and providing the full rules for them or even partial would violate some copyrights.

SmiteWorks would have to have a license to legally distribute those games, in which for many of the community rulesets, it does not.

Thank you Zacchaeus!
    It looks like several of the User Guides for the character sheets already have the "Character Creation" content that I was looking for (Just not the PFRPG guide I was looking at)

I'm not a coder, but how hard would it be to put a button on the character sheets that would link to those sections of the guide for each system?
    ChumSlinger

There is a little query mark at the top right of many of the windows (at least in 5e) which does just that. However I don't think one goes to the Character sheet that i can find.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It would be a big help to my players(and myself) if they we could click a query mark on the Character sheet to open up those guides.
    ChumSlinger

I think this is a good idea. @ChumSlinger - please can you add it to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

And then post a link to the entry in this thread, so that others can vote if they wish.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Woohoo! Created the following on the FG wishlist
    Add Help/Query Button to Character Sheets to link to Character Creation Wiki
    Most(All?) of the interface windows have a help button, next to the close window button, that opens a browser to display relevant portions of the Wiki.
    If we could add a help button to the character sheets, it could be linked to the Character Sheet/Character Creation portion of the wiki for each of the game systems.

This would be helpful for new players, or players like myself who are just forgetful, who can’t remember whether in 5E you are supposed to add your race and class before you add your ability score, or the other way around.

(Also it would be great if all of the Character Sheet Wiki's had a ‘Character Creation’ section.)

If you would like to vote yes on this idea goto https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=118095
    Last edited by ChumSlinger; April 19th, 2018 at 22:01.
    ChumSlinger

Quote Originally Posted by ChumSlinger View Post
    Woohoo!
    If you would like to vote yes on this idea goto https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=118095
    Thanks.

Are you going to vote for it yourself?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information