DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    You may possibly need to adjust your mouse settings then. I just tested things out and from a full image to scrolling in pretty much as far as it would go takes at least 100 clicks on my mouse button. I don't have any kind of special mouse and I don't have any special mouse driving software installed so i assume that is the default windows setting.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You may possibly need to adjust your mouse settings then. I just tested things out and from a full image to scrolling in pretty much as far as it would go takes at least 100 clicks on my mouse button. I don't have any kind of special mouse and I don't have any special mouse driving software installed so i assume that is the default windows setting.
    maybe. i use the touchpad to zoom in. Gonna check if i can reduce the sensitivity or the speed of the pointer and if that will help. I recently tweaked that up, since my pointer was not going from one side of the screen to the other.
    Gonna return it to default and then see it tonight.

The Minimize/maximize issue is caused by the architecture that is currently used. This is the kind of thing which will be resolved in Unity https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...G2-Main-Window
    yeah, that is what i thought the thread intnt was, thinking forward about what will be happening sicne it has een said Classic is as-is with no hope for getting upgrades as all focus is on Unity.

Can someone explain what 'less 90's style zoom' means? Pretty much everything I have seems to use the middle mouse button to zoom in and out (except freaking Photoshop which insists on some keyboard command which I continually forget)
    well, my Photoshop (from 1995) uses mouse-wheel zooming, but it also has one other feature that is being lost in recent years... TYPING IN A NUMBER!

DOS 5.0 you typed things
    Win3.11 Mouse only to do things

Sure for those that want to scroll and change their mouse settings for EVERY program to use only the mouse, but we know with "scale UI" that you can type numebs in t scale things. so if someone knows they jsut need 50% of the map visible, then set it to 50% by typing in numbers.

or an actual scrollbar that isnt for the X or Y axis, but the Z axis. go into Zoo mode and you can see the zoom range because the scroll bar appears and you can click and drag it to the right zoom level and see its max and minimum zoom levels with the bars boundaries. ANY kind of indicator how far you are zoomed in is post-90s style zooming. be it the scrollbar for zoom, or a numerical gauge or just a number showing what zoom level you are at.

Warcraft for example had fixed zoom point in the beginning with specific zoom stops, but it didnt tell you what that was you jsut had to cycle through them. and get a ruler to measure the size of a Peon on screen to get it back to that zoom level when you somehow changed it.

so less preprogrammed zoom levels and more user visible details about he zoom level you are at, and ease to set a new zoom level.:

CTRL + + to zoom in, CTRL + - to zoom out.... but still an indicator, whatever the zoom method used is to tell, like Photoshop, what zoom level you are; and if lucky the type in the zoom level with a number for those that prefer to do it that way. again, like Photoshop can and GIMP, etc.

Sorry I thought when you said less 80's and 90's methods I thought you meant going forward rather than going back to the days when mice didn't exist

I'm not sure that I need to know how far I'm zoomed in to be honest. I'm zooming in on the combat so it really doesn't matter if that's a 200% zoom or a 5% zoom, as long as I see the combatants on the screen. Another one for the wish list I think if it is something you really want to see.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sorry I thought when you said less 80's and 90's methods I thought you meant going forward rather than going back to the days when mice didn't exist

I'm not sure that I need to know how far I'm zoomed in to be honest. I'm zooming in on the combat so it really doesn't matter if that's a 200% zoom or a 5% zoom, as long as I see the combatants on the screen. Another one for the wish list I think if it is something you really want to see.
    Completely agree. Adding information that is not used would only add to the pollution and would not contribute with the objective of this thread.

pollution? well i can see that, the "tools" for maps at the top under the map title do see like pollution

but that is where you could easily put where people could set the zoom level for whatever reason with a number. no more or less polluting than the "button" that exists on maps now that actually blocks part of the map in order to scroll and zoom it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    pollution? well i can see that, the "tools" for maps at the top under the map title do see like pollution

but that is where you could easily put where people could set the zoom level for whatever reason with a number. no more or less polluting than the "button" that exists on maps now that actually blocks part of the map in order to scroll and zoom it.
    isnt just faster to use the mouse scroll/two fingers on touchpad to zoom in/out than to write a number on the map where you have to first click on the box to then type?

Maybe someone can write an extention on that. but i do not see how that would help on vanilla version of FG.

Also i do not see the little icons as pollution per se, as they can offer you information about the image - if you shared the image, if they are already loaded to player screen, etc. And they are so little, transparent, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    Maybe someone can write an extention on that. but i do not see how that would help on vanilla version of FG.
    I thought we were thinking of things for FG Unity, since FG Classic will be deprecated unless FG Unity turns into vaporware?

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    I thought we were thinking of things for FG Unity, since FG Classic will be deprecated unless FG Unity turns into vaporware?
    Nothing was mentioned about Unity in the first couple of posts in this thread.

Unity is still a way off.

And, what seems to get forgotten quite a lot: FGU will be backwards compatible with what is in FG Classic (FGC). So if there are changes made to FGC, to the core functionality updates or via extensions, these will be able to be used in FGU.

If you want some functionality that will be usable in the next few months - i.e. on FGC, write it now. The FG devs have proved time and time again - if some functionality is written in an extension, and it can be implemented in core FG without issues/clashes, the extension functionality very often makes it's way into FG/ So - if you want "stuff" to happen quicker, write it as an extension - maybe it will make it into the core functionality of FGC, and therefore FGU too. No guarantees mind, but there is a good possibility...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nothing was mentioned about Unity in the first couple of posts in this thread.
    It was broken off from the Unity thread, so I thought this was the thread indicated for those "ideas".

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    Should we start another thread to discuss it further?
    Maybe we can see a consensus and put it in the wishlist after. That would be cool.

Thread Information