DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    (except freaking Photoshop which insists on some keyboard command which I continually forget)
    One "shortcut" that many people don't use in Photoshop is when you have the Zoom tool selected you can zoom out with a Left-Click>Left-Drag and zoom in with Left-Click>Right-Drag.

Another is holding down the alt key and using the mouse wheel for smooth zooms in and out.

And a 3rd is to toggle the alt key to toggle between zoom in/out when left clicking.

Now, more ontopic for this discussion, I think this thread would be more useful to focus on FGU. I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't going to be any major changes to FGC. And, further, FGU has entirely different architecture options. So saying "X can't be done in FGC" may not be true for FGU.

For me, optimized FGU window management starts with tabbed asset windows and ends with windows that can be sized and placed independent of the root app (i.e. dragged outside the app, resized, and positioned on other monitors.) I don't know if unity allows for that sort of architecture, but it's the most flexible method I can think of and solves all kinds of problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    For me, optimized FGU window management starts with tabbed asset windows and ends with windows that can be sized and placed independent of the root app (i.e. dragged outside the app, resized, and positioned on other monitors.) I don't know if unity allows for that sort of architecture, but it's the most flexible method I can think of and solves all kinds of problems.
    I believe - at this time - there isnt a robust enough graphics library that will support multiscreen under Windows, Mac and Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    One "shortcut" that many people don't use in Photoshop is when you have the Zoom tool selected you can zoom out with a Left-Click>Left-Drag and zoom in with Left-Click>Right-Drag.

Another is holding down the alt key and using the mouse wheel for smooth zooms in and out.

And a 3rd is to toggle the alt key to toggle between zoom in/out when left clicking.

Now, more ontopic for this discussion, I think this thread would be more useful to focus on FGU. I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't going to be any major changes to FGC. And, further, FGU has entirely different architecture options. So saying "X can't be done in FGC" may not be true for FGU.

I want it to be focused on everything that can be done and that would be productive (See the 3 points on my initial post).

if something cant be done on FGC but can in the FGU, that should contain on the list.

I am not a programmer, so i do not know what can or cant be done unless someone clearly explains that to me.

But well, keep ideas coming.. i think i will be doing the list on wishlist at the end of this week.

So, what you guys think when you say A tabbed asset?

What layout do you have in mind?

1- Every image opens a small tab that when clicked the image would highlight?
    2- Tabs that you can open and drag images/story/tables to it and then click on it and it will highlight all of them?
    3- Small Tabs at the top of the screen that you create on a (+) button and it opens a whole new blank screen that you can open things in there, just like a browser?

I think the third option would be great.

Another idea:
    - Being able to hide/show the right sidebar (show as default). It takes too much screen space and is not used all the time (at least not if we use pins). Create a double clickable bar to quickly hide/show the sidebar and make that screen space available.

So, what you guys think when you say A tabbed asset?

What layout do you have in mind?
    Ideally? Tabs that can be renamed on the top that you can right click any window and 'send to tab->'name'' - and by 'any window' I mean any window including the chat - with any window that has a change making the tab 'flash' - so if you moved chat to another tab it would blink if someone typed text in...

I mean - the last part is 'nice' but just having tabs to toss things into so we can *find* it again would be huge. The... 'advanced' tab feature would let you have two tabs open side by side of course - which would fit into the 'window management' that the program uses.

After typing all that out I'd take being able to make a combat map 'float' so I can drag it off to another monitor - but I mean I don't know the programming and what would be 'easier' - or if either would even really be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    I liked the idea of having tabs, that said I'd settle for a shortcut to cycle through open windows.
    Liked it. Added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    Ideally? Tabs that can be renamed on the top that you can right click any window and 'send to tab->'name'' - and by 'any window' I mean any window including the chat - with any window that has a change making the tab 'flash' - so if you moved chat to another tab it would blink if someone typed text in...

I mean - the last part is 'nice' but just having tabs to toss things into so we can *find* it again would be huge. The... 'advanced' tab feature would let you have two tabs open side by side of course - which would fit into the 'window management' that the program uses.

After typing all that out I'd take being able to make a combat map 'float' so I can drag it off to another monitor - but I mean I don't know the programming and what would be 'easier' - or if either would even really be possible.
    i think clicking on the image and dragging it into the tab ou want it to go would work better. There are already lots of options in the radial menu and we do not want it to be crowded with options, adding to the confusion and increasing the learning curve of the software

I think the CT and the chat should be shared by all tabs
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; April 24th, 2018 at 14:47.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I like the idea of window docking as in, say, MS Visual Studio's IDE.

Docking should also include tabbed documents within those windows (Doc tabs at top, section tabs on side, with alternate options), as well as standard floating windows. The combat tracker is a good example where this could be used in the Starfinder ruleset. PCs CT and Starships CT could be docked into the one window for easy swapping via tabs.

Thread Information