5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Getting a "global" variable in a global script

I am attempting to not have to "replace" the entire CoreRPG script "manager_tokens.lua" ... with just the function I need to alter (updateHealthHelper).

I can override the function with my own but I can't seem to figure out how to access the global variable fGetHealthInfo within TokenManagers script manager_tokens.lua. I've tried a few methods I thought might work but nothing seems to work properly.

I've even attempted to also override the addDefaultHealthFeatures function where it's set and have a "global" on my own "ManagerTokenDI" script and that didn't work either.

Thoughts?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

TokenManager.fGetHealthInfo doesn't work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    TokenManager.fGetHealthInfo doesn't work for you?
    Nope.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

TokenManager.fGetHealthInfo is a "local" variable, which means that it can't be accessed outside the scope of the script.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    TokenManager.fGetHealthInfo is a "local" variable, which means that it can't be accessed outside the scope of the script.

Regards,
    JPG
    Bugger, that's what I thought. Was hoping I could just swap out the one function but for now big hammer it works.
    ---

Sounds like a good candidate for 3.3.6 to make this accessible perhaps.

Thread Information