FG Spreadshirt Swag

Post 3.3.5 Update Issues (with Fixes)

Hello all, just wanted to share some knowledge. I updated to FG v3.3.5 earlier and had two issues pop up:

My FantasyGrounds.exe file was lost somewhere in the transition. My desktop shortcut was broken because it couldn't find the app in the x86 Program Files folder. I reran the updater several times and restarted my PC to no avail. I ended up manually deleting the Program Files (x86)/Fantasy Grounds folder and let the webinstall app redownload everything. That fixed the first issue. What was weird about this was the updater wasn't finding anything wrong with the FantasyGrounds.exe file (or the fact that it was non-existent.) So, double check your program folder if you have a similar issue.

Secondly, I went to load my existing 5e campaign to verify everything was still functional with no data loss. I was getting an error saying FG couldn't find the base.xml file. Another user on this forum had a similar issue. I loaded the 3.5e Sample campaign and it worked fine. I loaded the 5e Sample campaign and it gave me the same error. I deleted the 5e.pak file in the ruleset folder under AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds. That forced the FGUpdater to redownload the 5e.pak file. Voila! No more issues that I've seen. Hope this helps someone if they run into a similar problem. Happy Adventuring!

Thread Information