DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: HotDQ

HotDQ

Good Day All
    I seem to be extremely ignorant to one of the Chapter 1 quests from the Keep in Hoard of the Dragon Queen.
    I cannot seem to comprehend how to make a battle map for the Sally Port quest. It is a 10' by 20' area with an exit to the outside.
    Where is the door located, is it to the outer wall or does it open to the wall between the gate and portcullis?
    Where is the breach they talk about that needs to be repaired I am assuming it is the door?

Thanks for any help as my group is just getting in to Greenest and should be in the Keep on Thurs

There is no map for this encounter so you can make up your own. A sally port is just a room which controls an entrance so the outer door is to the outside and the inner door is to the inside of the courtyard area. Use the map pin to determine the rough location.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I know this is an old post, and I've found several maps I can use for this encounter, but I am confused. When I click on the encounter in the 'Story' it gives me a complete list of monsters. It indicates on the encounter that the monsters have been placed on a map (little check mark for each token). Is there a missing map in this module? Has there been a FAQ for this (I can't find them with my level of Google Fu)?

In short, has anyone found the official map for the Sally Port and if so, where can I get it?
    Is there an official answer that this map does not exist (so many hints that there SHOULD be one).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

There is no specific map just for the Sally Port. All of the encounters in this chapter take place on the Greenest (Player) map.

Look at the first story entry in Episode 1 "Greenest in Flames"; there you'll find a link to the relevant maps for all the encounters in the chapter.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If an encounter has the check mark on the NPC instance, then it has been placed on a map somewhere. To find out what map, click the arrow to add the encounter to the CT. Then on the CT double click the portrait of the NPC and it will open the map the token is on. Presto! Now you know which map its on by default.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If an encounter has the check mark on the NPC instance, then it has been placed on a map somewhere. To find out what map, click the arrow to add the encounter to the CT. Then on the CT double click the portrait of the NPC and it will open the map the token is on. Presto! Now you know which map its on by default.
    Just a word of warning if you use this method; if the map has not been opened before the encounter has been placed the tokens will not be to scale.

Blog Entries
    Go to images and create new.
    Apply 50px grid
    Apply mask
    Reveal 2x4 squares (10x20')
    use draw tool to indicate a door (you can decide where it leads)
    and any breach

Play

Thank you for the guidance all, it truly helped!
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

Thread Information